First watercooled build

deepblue08

n00b
Hi,

I'm building my first custom loop. I've build some closed loop Corsair-type systems before, but this is a bit more complicated.
- I just got all my parts, but I am not sure how can I make sure that all my parts are working before I start building the loops. There is no cooler that comes with the 6700K, should I just go for it and build? Boxed parts look legit ;D How do people do it?

Update: I havent opened the water parts yet, but the order was:

Capture.png

Capture1.png

Also some parts I bought locally:

Corsair 750D Case
EVGA Supernova G2 850W
Samsung 950 Pro SSD M2
EVGA GTX 970 4GB

Last edited:

alxlwson

You Know Where I Live
Post up some pics of what you have, and we can start from there! Welcome to the [H] :D

pendragon1

Extremely [H]
Hi,

I'm building my first custom loop. I've build some closed loop Corsair-type systems before, but this is a bit more complicated.
- I just got all my parts, but I am not sure how can I make sure that all my parts are working before I start building the loops. There is no cooler that comes with the 6700K, should I just go for it and build? Boxed parts look legit ;D How do people do it?
with your 6700 you can just use your water block to fire it up and do a quick post check. they are so cool running you can get a couple minutes of runtime with just the copper acting as a passive heat sink.

edit: fixed speeling

Last edited:

deepblue08

n00b
with your 6700 you can just you water block to fire it up and do a quick post check. the are so cool running you can get a couple minutes of runtime with just the copper acting as a passive heat sink.
Yeah, you are probably right, was wondering how most people do it, but this might do the trick for me.

pendragon1

Extremely [H]
and if you need more time than that just attach a couple tubes straight up and fill er up half way. that will get you a lot more time. hell at stock in the bios it could probably run for hours, its not doing anything.