Intel Arc - Xᵉ Super Sampling

CrimsonKnight13

Lord Stabington of [H]ard|Fortress
That looks great. I'm truly interested in seeing how far they go with the performance & what codec acceleration is included.

Armenius

Fully [H]
That looks great. I'm truly interested in seeing how far they go with the performance & what codec acceleration is included.
It looks okay. One thing that sticks out is how some of the particle effects disappeared in the upscaling process. The upscalar is too focused on the models and textures, completely ignoring the post-process effects.

CrimsonKnight13

It looks okay. One thing that sticks out is how some of the particle effects disappeared in the upscaling process. The upscalar is too focused on the models and textures, completely ignoring the post-process effects.
Ah, I wasn't paying that close attention (max of 480p here at work...). They might need to turn it down a bit then.

Armenius

Fully [H]
Ah, I wasn't paying that close attention (max of 480p here at work...). They might need to turn it down a bit then.
You can see the most obvious parts at 480p in the lower-left corner of the base where the lightning effect is emanating and how the surrounding lights are affected.

CrimsonKnight13

You can see the most obvious parts at 480p in the lower-left corner of the base where the lightning effect is emanating and how the surrounding lights are affected.
Wow... definitely no glow. That makes everything sharp & boring. :eek:

whateverer

[H]ard|Gawd
It kinda understandable since not many gamers will run game on Arc laptops.

What are you talking about here fool? the xess is another open-source competitor to FSR2.

You can run it on whatever the fuck you want!

Now all we need if for NVIDIA to release the Non-Tensor-Core-required DLSS 2 implementation from Control, if they want to make this a real competition!

Last edited:

TrunksZero

Limp Gawd
You can when the cross-platform DP4a functionality of XeSS is ready. Which is isn't, which is why Dolmen isn't releasing with XeSS (not exactly allot of Arc GPU's out there yet to utilize the XMX accelerated part of XeSS)

Armenius

Fully [H]
What are you talking about here fool? the xess is another open-source competitor to FSR2.

You can run it on whatever the fuck you want!

Now all we need if for NVIDIA to release the Non-Tensor-Core-required DLSS 2 implementation from Control, if they want to make this a real competition!
It's open standard, not open source.