WTF is up with Xfinity

SamirD

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm seeing 20%+ packet loss between business hours starting 11-1-2022 and I can't reach a single MF on the phone now for 2x days. I'm going to go get att so I've got a backup, but wtf is going on. This is in the Bay Area. Anyone else seeing this type of nonsense locally?

grasshoppa

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm seeing 20%+ packet loss between business hours starting 11-1-2022 and I can't reach a single MF on the phone now for 2x days. I'm going to go get att so I've got a backup, but wtf is going on. This is in the Bay Area. Anyone else seeing this type of nonsense locally?
Nah, and it's weird you can't reach anyone. I don't know that I've ever had an issue getting through to support.

philb2

[H]ard|Gawd
I've noticed periods of poor or no service, but those periods are seconds or minutes long, then back to normal.

That said, I am not so much "staying"with Xfinity" but "boxed in with no real alternatives" for my situation.

philb2

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone have direct phone numbers for Comcast level 2's and level 3's?

hity645

Supreme [H]ardness
1668465002853.png

SamirD

Supreme [H]ardness
Still putting up with this since even going to the local store about the issue got blown off.

I think changing to my own modem which will get me on a different set of routes will help. And if not, oh well. I only wish I had sonic available. with 10Gb service, even if there's 20% packet loss it would still be more reliable, lol.

Vengance_01

Supreme [H]ardness
Look in dslreports support threads. Not sure if they still have ISPs who have better access to teir 2/3 support and get shit fixed

SamirD

Supreme [H]ardness
Look in dslreports support threads. Not sure if they still have ISPs who have better access to teir 2/3 support and get shit fixed
That's a good idea. I once got higher up on a wow problem that they took all the info I had and only had a fix months later, but it did get fixed.

Eulogy

2[H]4U
MTR? And how? The l1 offshores aren't even going to know what this means.
https://www.pcwdld.com/what-is-mtr-and-howto-troubleshoot-connections#wbounce-modal
It's a super common network troubleshooting tool. L1s will even be familiar with it, and often once you start talking at that level they escalate up (or you ask to be escalated up). Though you'll want to look at the MTR data itself and try to see where the issue(s) even are and make sure you're talking to the right people. I've definitely solved interconnect issues for ISPs with it before.

Wade88

Gawd
So wasn't comcast's fault or was it their fault for using level 3?
Some fault in the midwest with level 3 the organization and not level 3 comcast goons, it took one of those to believe my terribly bad hops and latency to the west but good in every other direction.

TheSlySyl

2[H]4U
Twice a day, roughly 12 hours apart. Usually near noon and midnight. My modem resets itself and causes about 2 minutes of internet outage.

It's absolutely frustrating but it's also a problem that a bunch of people seem to have according to google. I know that calling Comcast is just gonna end with them trying to get me to change my modem (my own SB8200) to their modem and disable my Adguard Home, and change my DNS server and blah blah blah. The problem is likely 100% on their end, but dealing with their customer support is frankly gonna be worse and more annoying than just dealing with 2 frustrating events a day.

My modem stats show an in-range number of correctables, etc. Before it just... Loses things completely and resets.

I've noticed periods of poor or no service, but those periods are seconds or minutes long, then back to normal.
Exactly this.

I'm up in OR so nothing in the bay area should have anything to do with my connection.