Where to buy front panel LEDs?

Mr. Perfect

Limp Gawd
Nov 26, 2009
Okay, here's a weird question for you: does anyone know where to buy front panel LEDs? The ones with the twisted wire pair soldered on and the little motherboard connector on the end?

My case came with only one front panel LED, so I have to choose between a HD light or a power light. If someplace sells additional LEDs, I can just mod another one in. The problem is finding one, Newegg and Amazon just point me to loose LED bulbs or some other unrelated product.
The case LEDs are just loose LED bulbs that are wired directly to the motherboard. The hardest part about making your own would be to find a connector that fits on the motherboard.
I know microcenter sells LEDs with pigtails, but I'm sure you can get them on amazon/ebay or locally at most serious computer stores (frys, microcenter, etc)
Thanks folks, got one ordered.:)

In case anyone has this same question later, the correct name for these things seems to be "tailed LED". It's amazing how much easier it is to find a part once you know what name the stores call them. :meh:
If you have a Frys near by they sell the loose LEDs, connectors and pins. So if you are handy with a soldering gun you can make your own.

Just fyi, as it sounds like you already ordered what you need.