What thermal paste do you use now?

jpongin

Limp Gawd
I still use my left-over AS5 from my first build 4 years ago.

If you're cooling with water, pelty, or phase change, then AS5 is more than sufficient.

If you're on air, then the type of thermo compound might be a greater factor for temp differences.

bullen

Weaksauce
im using Arctic silver ceramique, i've found it to be the best when using phasechange :)

jpongin

Limp Gawd
im using Arctic silver ceramique, i've found it to be the best when using phasechange :)

Lol... does it really matter when you're operating at -60C? You can use peanut butter at that point, and your cpu will still run.

Nemik8800

Limp Gawd
I wont touch AS5 again or any paste with metallic flakes after hosing a graphics card by getting a little on a memory chips legs. After fully cleaning it off with solvents, the card was still broken.

AS5 is fine when first applying it but if you ever need to do it again, cleaning up the old paste can be a complete sod.
You need to be extremely careful to take off the excess that was squeezed to the sides without letting it get onto the PCB or the legs of any chips.
Man is it sticky!

I have used AS Ceramique for a long time as it is so much easier to work with / clean up and is non conductive.
It also ages very well and is a good performer.
Some of the newer pastes are looking good though, I've yet to try them.

*adds mx-2 to shopping cart*
I gotta clean up the mess that the AS5 made on my when installing my U120E. Hope I dont fuck my mobo. :p

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
I have been using AS5 for the last few years. I am completely out of it now :D

SockMan!

2[H]4U
I'm using Ceramique. After all, I bought a 22-gram syringe for around $7 years back and haven't even used half of it! Good stuff even if it's not the top performer. Not being electrically conductive is a huge plus too.

DarkMonkey

Limp Gawd
My tuniq arrived today, kind of disappointed. A fresh application of it yielded temperatures 2-3 degrees higher than my 3 year old tube of as5 did after a fresh application. Lets hope after a little bit of set up time it performs better.