What kind of heat reduction can I expect? HAF 922

adamsad1

n00b
Currently have an old case with 1x120 and 4x80 fans and no cable management system, with a 6970 GPU and E8400 CPU (stock fan). Under load, not overclocked, the GPU usually runs in the low 80s, and the CPU runs in the mid 60s. If I overclocking the CPU to 3.825 GHz it gets into the low 70s under load.

What kind of temperature reduction should I expect from a HAF 922 (or similar case)? Is it enough to warrant buying (I have no plans on using liquid cooling, or running multiple GPUs), or should I just put the money into upgrading the CPU? I do plan on upgrading the CPU / motherboard at some point, but overclocking gets me reliably into the 30+ FPS range even on BF3 and DX:HR on max (which, I know, is pathetic for a system running a 6970), so I can hold off a bit until prices drop some early next year.

mannyman

2[H]4U
Well you should see a decent drop in temps for the gpu depending on the fan placement in the old case.

Not sure on the cpu, Stock coolers suck ass.

Mickey21

Limp Gawd
I would guess at least 20 degrees C. The rest will depend on your ambient temps and specific case layout.