What Is Your Personal Favorite Video Card of All Time?

Randall Stephens

[H]ard|Gawd
Well that's what happened to me. One of my 3 monitors died. Didn't make sense to buy an old monitor to replace it, so I sold the 2 good ones and used that money for an ultrawide (plus some cash).
Think that helps with power usage off the video card? Most cards seem to triple idle power consumption when you hook up a 2nd monitor.

Reactions: erek
like this

Baenwort

Limp Gawd
The ATi x800 as that was the last card I was able to Pelter cool using a customized generic block. After that it was just ordinary water cooling as the cards started having bad cold bugs and not seeing much gain from the pelter.

I don't the I've brazed anything since. Even the plumbing in the bathroom doesn't need it any longer.

Maybe if I ever can get a GPU for a reasonable price, I'll try this new hard piping thing instead of using tubing?

Reactions: erek
like this

revenant

[H]F Junkie
ATI's $300 card rendered Nvidia's $450 card obsolete. Then AMD/ATI hit with the HD 5870, and retook the crown uncontested for 6 months. It was a great time for GPUs.
Yeah that was a great card. First to offer eyefininity which I immediately jumped onboard with.

killroy67

[H]ard|Gawd
Diamond Speedstar Pro with 2mb of VRAM, it was my first with my wonderful Packard Bell 486/66.......it got my computer addiction rolling.

trick0502

Supreme [H]ardness
I remember they had a version that let you do 6 monitors too.
I got one of those off Craig’s list back in the day. What a great card. At the time though there wasn’t a lot of display port monitors. I wish I still had it with every monitor today having display port.