What Is Your Personal Favorite Video Card of All Time?

Baenwort

Limp Gawd
The ATi x800 as that was the last card I was able to Pelter cool using a customized generic block. After that it was just ordinary water cooling as the cards started having bad cold bugs and not seeing much gain from the pelter.

I don't the I've brazed anything since. Even the plumbing in the bathroom doesn't need it any longer.

Maybe if I ever can get a GPU for a reasonable price, I'll try this new hard piping thing instead of using tubing?

Reactions: erek
like this

revenant

[H]F Junkie
ATI's $300 card rendered Nvidia's $450 card obsolete. Then AMD/ATI hit with the HD 5870, and retook the crown uncontested for 6 months. It was a great time for GPUs.
Yeah that was a great card. First to offer eyefininity which I immediately jumped onboard with.

killroy67

[H]ard|Gawd
Diamond Speedstar Pro with 2mb of VRAM, it was my first with my wonderful Packard Bell 486/66.......it got my computer addiction rolling.

trick0502

Supreme [H]ardness
I remember they had a version that let you do 6 monitors too.
I got one of those off Craig’s list back in the day. What a great card. At the time though there wasn’t a lot of display port monitors. I wish I still had it with every monitor today having display port.