usb c to simultaneous usb c and lightning charging ?

metropole

Limp Gawd
To keep my travel light I like to use my new Ipad charger to charge both my phone and ipad when traveling. The new ipad charger has one USB-C port. Can I get an "splitter" cable to charge both one USB-C device and one lighting device? I was abel to find a regular USB splitter cable but not USB-C...

pendragon1

Extremely [H]
To keep my travel light I like to use my new Ipad charger to charge both my phone and ipad when traveling. The new ipad charger has one USB-C port. Can I get an "splitter" cable to charge both one USB-C device and one lighting device? I was abel to find a regular USB splitter cable but not USB-C...
youll need to check the brick output is min 2.4a and then something like this hydra cable should do. cable should be 3a+.
https://www.amazon.com/Charging-You...ords=usb-c+hydra+cable&qid=1633796247&sr=8-46

metropole

Limp Gawd
thanks. I believe the supplied apple charger is 20W. If I charge only one device will it be charged 20W?

I used a splitter cable (with USB A) before with an anker cahrger and it slowed down charging.

pendragon1

Extremely [H]
thanks. I believe the supplied apple charger is 20W. If I charge only one device will it be charged 20W?

I used a splitter cable (with USB A) before with an anker cahrger and it slowed down charging.
yes
yes it will slow down as its splitting the charge.

Jinto

[H]ard|Gawd
Why not get one of those mini GaN charger with 2 usb c output? I have a 65w and it is very small.

metropole

Limp Gawd
That seems a better approach. Things things got small. FOudn this one: RavPower RP-PC133
Only challange is finding them to buy (many "best" from reviews are not available)

Jinto

[H]ard|Gawd
RavPower is good stuff. I actually have their 90w (rp-cpcn001, thought it was 65w since it is so small).