Tip for all you [H] people

mjz_5

2[H]4U
I’ll fill you in on a little tip because I just pulled a stupid! When you turn off a service in windows, make sure you remember :). I was trying something on my Windows 2000 Server box, so I turned off DNS Server. I just wasted the past 3 days wondering why my server is working like sh#%..

So, Note-To-Self, remember what you do :p. could save you from a huge headache in the future

Take Care,

mjz_5

skritch

2[H]4U
Originally posted by mjz_5
I’ll fill you in on a little tip because I just pulled a stupid! When you turn off a service in windows, make sure you remember :). I was trying something on my Windows 2000 Server box, so I turned off DNS Server. I just wasted the past 3 days wondering why my server is working like sh#%..

So, Note-To-Self, remember what you do :p. could save you from a huge headache in the future

Take Care,

mjz_5

Better yet, document it. I recently published a book on the subject: "Documentation Writing for Systems Administrators", published by USENIX/SAGE, and available from SAGE (http://www.sage.org) as part of their short topics series.

fibroptikl

Supreme [H]ardness
Originally posted by skritch
Better yet, document it. I recently published a book on the subject: "Documentation for Systems Administrators", published by USENIX/SAGE, and available from SAGE (http://www.sage.org) as part of their short topics series.
pif me a copy?

Brink

Limp Gawd
heh, looks good, exactly what I need.

know how much they're selling it for? (no need to sign up for more spam)

any free tips? =P

FLECOM

Modder(ator) & [H]ardest Folder Evar
Staff member
Originally posted by skritch
Can't. It's copyrighted, and they own the copyright.

pif means pass it forward... as in give him a copy :p

id rather you give me a job but i doubt seti has any intersts here