The official "clean desktop" club.

Arik5405

Limp Gawd
Fixed up my laptop a bit:
desktophf.jpg

Lovely!

flwolf

Limp Gawd
I read somewhere that Apple removed some things from the image to make it look nicer.

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I've downloaded the placebo skin but can't figure out how to change the taskbar start icon to what everyone else seems to be using (the white, four-squared icon).

WiLLiSTER

2[H]4U
I've downloaded the placebo skin but can't figure out how to change the taskbar start icon to what everyone else seems to be using (the white, four-squared icon).

The older way was to take ownership of explorer.exe and replace it with the exe with the new icon. There's a program now called something like Windows 7 start button changer. Horrible name, but incredibly simple and fast. Now idea what version is current though, I haven't used it in quite a while.

firas

2[H]4U
you'll find in it the start icon and the program to change it in the theme link in my post (all in the same rar file)

syncore

Limp Gawd
It's been a while since I've posted in this thread. 3x24 inch multi-monitor setup:

"Dirty" Version

Clean Version

Last edited:

86 5.0L

Supreme [H]ardness
been along time since I've done windows customizations, this thread got me interested again...

desktop11upu.jpg

Still tweaking things, but this is the "style" more or less