The Coming Fight Over .gay Domain

flexcore

Gawd
They want it, I say give them the damn TLD, Just make them or someone pay for all the work it's going to take to build that out. Mainly because I don't think they have a f'n clue as to how much work that is going to be!

But, but, but it their RIGHT to have it.:rolleyes:

TwistedAegis

[H]F Junkie
I'm trying to think of a TLD for all the conspiracy nuts. .conspiracy is too long; .ufo maybe? Then they can stay away from the real internets and go play over there with the nuts. NASA.ufo would have the fake moon landing info, etc.

larryBird44

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm trying to think of a TLD for all the conspiracy nuts. .conspiracy is too long; .ufo maybe? Then they can stay away from the real internets and go play over there with the nuts. NASA.ufo would have the fake moon landing info, etc.

.realtruth
.bs
.gray
.crazy

Youn

Supreme [H]ardness
.earth

...blargh, this is too confusing, let's just use aol keywords or somethin

CharonPDX

Gawd
I'm sure that one of the first 2nd level to be registered will be 'is', solely to allow 3rd levels of infinite customization...

PiSquared

Limp Gawd
I'm gay and I think the .gay idea is dumb. Do we really want to go down the yellow brick road to stuff like .asian, .black, .irish, .longpoliticallycorrectethnicname? Domains should be for partitioning the internet by function to make it easier to navigate, period.

Emission

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm gay and I think the .gay idea is dumb. Do we really want to go down the yellow brick road to stuff like .asian, .black, .irish, .longpoliticallycorrectethnicname? Domains should be for partitioning the internet by function to make it easier to navigate, period.

I agree.

Gorankar

[H]F Junkie
Let them have it. I don't see a need, or understand the desire for a .gay domain, but I don't see any harm in it either.

PiSquared

Limp Gawd
Let them have it. I don't see a need, or understand the desire for a .gay domain, but I don't see any harm in it either.

I do see the harm in that domain names should be used to broadly partition the functions of the internet and make it easier to navigate. No "group" should have their own domain unless the system is redesigned so that the .extension isn't as important anymore. Otherwise, how are you defining "group?" Racial? Ethnic? Genetic?

In the current system, people can create pretty much what they want within generally accepted guidelines. If that's going to be redefined, great! It could certainly use some tweaking by now. But not by opening up this can of worms.

RedTalon19

Supreme [H]ardness
the whole thing is a giant contradiction...

most of the domain names registered would be exactly like the examples already posted here, a mockery of their beloved TLD

Methadras

Supreme [H]ardness
Will this stop .gay bashing?

How about we just call the whole thing .tard and be done with it.

sleepeeg3

Supreme [H]ardness
Whatever, dude. I prefer that good looking gay people use modern technology to procreate than to keep letting the ugly ones get it on.

Yeah, I said it.
Better look up the term "procreate." I dunnah think it means what you think it means.

"Normal" social behavior is determined by the majority of society. Whether homosexuality, polygamy, bestiality, pedophilia, necrophilia, etc. are accepted as normal is really up to society to decide. The majority of society has rules against gay behavior so for right now you could easily consider it abnormal.

Twin studies show homosexuality is not genetic. Cultural differences prove that things like the gay "lisp" are learned behaviors. US society seems to be moving toward making this socially acceptable behavior, but no one is born being gay any more than they are born being polygamous. Whether you choose to follow this behavior is up to you, but you are just making life hard on yourself with no good method of passing on your genes.

PiSquared

Limp Gawd
Better look up the term "procreate." I dunnah think it means what you think it means.

"Normal" social behavior is determined by the majority of society. Whether homosexuality, polygamy, bestiality, pedophilia, necrophilia, etc. are accepted as normal is really up to society to decide. The majority of society has rules against gay behavior so for right now you could easily consider it abnormal.

Twin studies show homosexuality is not genetic. Cultural differences prove that things like the gay "lisp" are learned behaviors. US society seems to be moving toward making this socially acceptable behavior, but no one is born being gay any more than they are born being polygamous. Whether you choose to follow this behavior is up to you, but you are just making life hard on yourself with no good method of passing on your genes.

I encourage you to post a citation stating that twin studies show no genetic connection. Growing up in the straightest of surroundings, I assure you I had nowhere from which to learn the behavior. While your first crush was female, mine was not.

Back on topic - I gave my reasons for thinking .gay is a dumb idea. Any thoughts on that, specifically? Perhaps we'll even be in agreement on something.

D

Deleted member 126051

And I'm not talking the urban-slum version of the word.

So yeah, you can call Godwin in now.

It's like the group that wants to have Facebook partitioned by gender.

What they're saying is "Let's just stigmatize OURSELVES!"

I don't get it. And I never will.

CacaSapo

Limp Gawd
.fag
.lez
.kkk
.jew
.fur

Any other special interest that we need to kowtow to?

Meh, let them have their special extension. As long as .xxx is approved 1st and they have to wait just as long.

reswob

[H]ard|Gawd
hard.gay

hardgaythetelevision480.jpg

Gorankar

[H]F Junkie
I do see the harm in that domain names should be used to broadly partition the functions of the internet and make it easier to navigate. No "group" should have their own domain unless the system is redesigned so that the .extension isn't as important anymore. Otherwise, how are you defining "group?" Racial? Ethnic? Genetic?

In the current system, people can create pretty much what they want within generally accepted guidelines. If that's going to be redefined, great! It could certainly use some tweaking by now. But not by opening up this can of worms.

You know, you are right. I was buckling, like most our society does, to the wants of a loud as hell minority group. It has got to the point that anything that gets those happy people, that never seem very happy, out of the news, and out of my hair, is something I consider doing.
My bad.

Stone Cold

[H]ard|Gawd
That's me! Toasters really 'rev my engine' if you know what I mean.

I knew there were some ****ing toaster pervs here. Sometimes you hear stories about someone getting electrocuted in their bathtub with a small appliance... I know what's going on. At least use protection and stay away from the 220v jobs.

PiSquared

Limp Gawd
You know, you are right. I was buckling, like most our society does, to the wants of a loud as hell minority group. It has got to the point that anything that gets those happy people, that never seem very happy, out of the news, and out of my hair, is something I consider doing.
My bad.

Just bear in mind, it's really just one loud group or two, not a population. I polled my some friends (the gay ones, anyway), and almost every single of them thought it was a dumb idea, too. There's my unscientific poll for ya. The general reaction was "dot gay? What's the point?"

Weirdly, the Republican was the only one who disagreed. Oh well, we all have quirks.

Elf_Boy

2[H]4U

Funny the twin study I looked at came to the very opposite conclusion.

Further, no one study should be looked at as the whole truth.

Lastly putting gay with bestiality, necrophilia, etc besides showing severe ignorance of the subject matter is bluntly very offensive.

Your opinions are yours just and mine are mine, the sad part is that you are attempting to pass your thoughts off as fact when they are mere rhetoric.

DeFex

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - June 2011
Just think, if you don't like someone or some company, you could just register in their name.
Dibs on monsanto.gay and bp.gay

darklight_tr

Limp Gawd
I'm a gay guy that also thinks this is a completely stupid idea.

How does this add any value to the Internet? Where do we stop with the ridiculious domain adds?

Draax

Supreme [H]ardness
I think its quite sad that in 2011 we still have people who have problems with homosexuality.