several issues with HL an CS in opengl!

darkecho

Weaksauce
ok for one, when in opengl, when i start a game for the first time (usually a Lan game) i get a black box in the upper left of the screen ONLY when im in opengl. i think the box is realy the main menu of half life but its all tiny and doesnt go away unless i exit the langam and then resume it, then its fine but its a PAIN!!! also, i cannot get my FPS to go over 99 even when setting the fps higher like to 600, nothing! is this a Vsync thing or what? thanksall

PoW

Limp Gawd
Why would you ever want over 99fps?!?

its just putting unnecessary strain on your system, shortening its functional life ever so slightly

darkecho

Weaksauce
sure but i just want to know that i CAN... its like the computer is teling me it cant but i know it can, i just want the power of geting 100 fps. :D :D

Did you try putting in the console:

fps_max=100 (or whatever you want)?

Vsync should also be turned off.

Eidolon

Limp Gawd
MasterShredder said:
Did you try putting in the console:

fps_max=100 (or whatever you want)?

Vsync should also be turned off.
Yeah, I had to do that in order to get the actual FPS value, otherwise it peaks at 99.

Blue Fox

[H]F Junkie
Half-Life engine caps at 100fps, but if you enable developer mode, you can see your actual fps.

BoWser

Limp Gawd
If you have a ati card, check out the newest omega drivers. He included a special cs driver which is basically a older version of the ati opengl drivers that preformed better in cs. also check out this program http://www.hltoolz.com/

darkecho

Weaksauce
thanks, yea a lot of people were having this same issue but NOONE would give an answer on how to fix it, i read like 15 threads about it all ending in "just escape and resume" that doesnt fix it... only an issue when making a LAN game..

KoDt

Gawd
this is a very comon bug while using the old half-life and cs interface... your playing 1.5 arent you?

if you use Steam and 1.6 you wont get this problem...

Blue Fox said:
WON is only up until tomorrow, so you might as well download steam now.

what do you mean WON is only up untill tomorrow?
are they shuting down or goin down for maintanece?

Tazman2

Supreme [H]ardness
I was just about to say damn he must be living under a rock... look at his location......

hahahahha :p