Samsung Watch 4G or any other Android watch w/4G - anyone use?

dvsman

2[H]4U
So I was thinking of trying out the new edition Samsung Watch 4G - but I've gotten conflicting info from people I've talked to - including the corporate AT&T sales guy vs the in store AT&T guy.

What I'm trying to find out is if I can (with added fee) share the same phone number as my current phone (Note 10+). The corp sales says if I add it to my account, it will have a separate number entirely vs the in store sales guy who says I add it to my account and it just uses my pre existing number.

Anyone with experience with smart watches with built in 4G on Android?

longblock454

2[H]4U
I have a TicWatch Pro LTE. It's just ok, battery life with LTE on is pretty horrible, less than one day for me, but I do live out with minimal cell coverage so it's always searching. Switch cellular off and the battery life is pretty good.

dvsman

2[H]4U
I'm running the regular Tic watch pro right now and am pretty happy with it, but gadgets ... :-P

Anyway, does your watch have a separate phone number or does it share your cell phone's number? Or does it not have a number at all, just data only (not sure how this would work from a technical standpoint but ...)?

longblock454

2[H]4U
Mine has it's own number as I don't own a cell phone. You can actually call and txt it, but I only use it for Telegram messenger. I don't believe there is even an email client for Wear OS, though I do have it paired with a tablet and it get notifications from it. Probably all the rest is the same as your Pro.

dvsman

2[H]4U
Thanks! That's what I was trying to find out. My Tic is only the bluetooth / wifi version but it does what I need it to do (since I carry my phone with me 99% of the time anyway). The dual layer / power saver screen is a cool gimmick - even though I'm not sure it really helps that much.

I like the idea of a unchained smart watch but I'm dreading adding another gadget that needs to be charged every day.

longblock454

2[H]4U
Currently there is no option to switch off LTE when connected to wifi, which would really help battery life!

dvsman

2[H]4U
Damn - that seems like one helluva oversight. I wonder why they did it that way? What carrier system are you on? Is it CDMA or GSM?