(RUMOR) Konami is set to revive Metal Gear, Castlevania and Silent Hill

UnknownSouljer

Supreme [H]ardness
No just no. Konami needs to just sell off the IPs. I don't trust anything coming out of them.
Agreed.
There is no one capable of taking the helm.

I also absolutely despise Konami for literally being in process to build all these games several years ago - and then cancelling them - and now wanting to bring them back.
They don't deserve their IP's. They don't really deserve to make money through them. If they want to make iOS games and Pachinko Parlor machines, fine - go do that. Get them out of here.

gamerk2

[H]ard|Gawd
I disagree about Castlevania in 3D. CV64, Lament of Innocence, and Lord of Shadows are some of my favorite CV games. I never really got into Curse of Darkness, but I've been planning on doing another playthrough.
LoI aged better then the N64 titles.

The original CV64 had issues, specifically the infinitely spawning enemies in the Forest of Silence (Stage 1) and the jank camera, nevermind the cut content. Legacy of Darkness was a good attempt to fix things, but is still realistically a 7/10 title at best. Fact is, the 3d games got better once Konami learned to drop the platforming aspect, but the end result was unfortunately still just a worse implementation of what other titles were doing (God of War immediately comes to mind).

staknhalo

2[H]4U
F looks cool

Trailer doesn't tell you shit but it's a Silent Hill game in late 1800s in Japan IIRC from what I read