Problem??? Random Shutdown only while gaming

Only in 3d.

I mostly play Americas Army but its also shutting down playing FEAR and Far Cry.

I am posting this in the Video Card area because its only happening in 3d... :mad:

Can I get some help trouble shooting this thing? Oh yeah, it just shuts off, no BSOD, nothing.

Also, all the fans are working and the proc temp is 42° while gaming

System specs below:

I think my main guess would be that your power supply isn't holding up when you are gaming. What are you using for a power supply?

cam966251

[H]ard|Gawd
My friend has this same exact problem. We have switched out the power supply/ram and done so many things. Nothing would help. He jsut decided to get a brand new conroe computer.

And he had a pretty nice Antec power supply (500 Watt)+ (i'm not sure the exact wattage)

Faulty surge protectors, outlets with faulty wiring, no grounds, or don't put out 12V, or the such is possible but not common. I have seen these happen before.

Chaballaman

[H]ard|Gawd
b4 u blame the PSU without any proof, underclock the GPU on your video card(use powerstrip or rivatuner) and c if solves the problem. if it does then its the video card, if not then u can start to blame other parts like PSU.