PCI-X Vedio Card

402blownstroker

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - Nov. 2012
I am looking for a video card that will fit into a PCI-X 64bit 66/100/133 bus. I would like something in the 64mb or higher range. Can anyone recommend one?

Keith

dave_graham said:
you'll pay through the nose for it, but it'll work...

That's about all I'd have to say on it too...unless you've got a server mobo that has no onboard video and no PCI slots I have no idea why you'd drop any large amount of dough on this thing. Sure I haven't seen any numbers on it, but from the tech specs that are supplied at the above link it doesn't look like much of a performer, and you could probly pickup a faster PCI video card if you had the option.

Well the board I am going to pick has a single PCI 5V slot and 4 PCI-X 3.3V slots. The board does have onboard video, but it is a 8mb ATI RAGE XL controller. I woul dlike something a little better than that.

Keith

cornelious0_0 said:
That's about all I'd have to say on it too...unless you've got a server mobo that has no onboard video and no PCI slots I have no idea why you'd drop any large amount of dough on this thing. Sure I haven't seen any numbers on it, but from the tech specs that are supplied at the above link it doesn't look like much of a performer, and you could probly pickup a faster PCI video card if you had the option.

matrox cards aren't "gaming cards." they're geared towards Image Quality and precision. Long before ATI and nVidia ever got their act together, Matrox was offering good dual head hardware solutions, etc. they're cream of the crop in that regard.

dave

matrox cards aren't "gaming cards." they're geared towards Image Quality and precision. Long before ATI and nVidia ever got their act together, Matrox was offering good dual head hardware solutions, etc. they're cream of the crop in that regard.

I realise that, obviously...but if someone is simply looking to upgrade from an 8mb onboard video card for a little more 2d/3d feature support and possibly more performance, there are many other cards out there of the PCI variety that I've seen that I'd rather have.

Ah well, to each their own I guess, I've just never been much of a matrox guy.

Well the board I am going to pick has a single PCI 5V slot and 4 PCI-X 3.3V slots. The board does have onboard video, but it is a 8mb ATI RAGE XL controller. I woul dlike something a little better than that.

Fair enough, but what will you be doing with the computer?

Back