PC in wine cooler?

JBiT

n00b
Would it be possible to build a pc in a wine fridge? I know in a normal fridge you can't because of the condensation but wine coolers have an adjustable temperature. I was just wondering if you set it to a reasonable temperature would it cause condensation or not. I'm nt looking for really cold temps but more of an air conditioned room. I was just wondering if anyone had experience with this. Thanks

vsboxerboy

2[H]4U
The motor won't be able to keep up with the heat output. Even a full size fridge would burn out. They're just not meant to keep up with a heat emitting load like that.

The motor won't be able to keep up with the heat output. Even a full size fridge would burn out. They're just not meant to keep up with a heat emitting load like that.

Yup. Refrigerators are meant to keep cold things cold -- you put warm drinks in the fridge, and they're cold in 6 hours. A computer's constantly dumping heat.

best [486]

Limp Gawd
Shorten the captube, and add a much better condenser, and it'll work fine, but in it's current configuration it'll die right away...