Over at EVGA

Xilikon

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2008
Forgot the period when I used a IIe during class when I'm under 10 yo. The gaming console of choice at this era was the ColecoVision.

Kendrak

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2009
Well my first was a C64. Yay Astro Grover and Loadrunner!

The 486 was the first one I got to work on.

Xilikon

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2008
Well, do we look silly trying to beat off our white-haired chest on who's the oldest ?

W.Feather

[H]ard DCOTM x4
dam you guys are old as shit

edit: Tobit is the silverback here though :p .... anyof you guys love those card programs ;)

Tobit

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - March 2010/May 2011
Early computers of mine:

Dec Rainbow 100
Commodore 64
Color Computer 3
80286/12 (my first home built PC)
AMD 386DX-40
Intel 486/DX4-100

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
I better not mention the Commodore PET I learned basic on in high school.

Tobit

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - March 2010/May 2011
The good old days were great.

Windows1.0.png

SirJamesDDJ

Weaksauce
2008?!

I rebuilt my 486 with my dad when I was 8 or something. 25MHz to 66MHz. Woooo!

n00b :p

Trust me, I'm called worse on The Tube...mostly by people with 0 video uploads.
Yup 2008. Seeing the painful chug on the screen when going out into the Wasteland in Fallout 3 made me decide to do something different.

zero2dash

Supreme [H]ardness
Apple II + LOGO or Oregon Trail
Those were the days.

First computer outside of school I played with was a Mac Classic.
First computer I owned was a 486SX I believe.

rcranfield

n00b
2008?!

I rebuilt my 486 with my dad when I was 8 or something. 25MHz to 66MHz. Woooo!

n00b :p
When I was 8 Kennedy was still president. We had 3 channels on TV which was still black and white. So I couldn't build my first computerr. I think they were still the size of buildings back then.

Axdrenalin

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - Nov. 2009
None of you guys started out on a Timex Sinclair 1000, with the Z-80 Proc? I was learning on an old TRS-80, but the 1000 was my first computer (bought it from Sears I think)

Hedcrash

n00b
First computer I had was an Atari 800XL in 1984. 64k RAM...256 color display...4 channel sound. IT WAS A BEAST. :) Taught myself BASIC on that, beginning a lifelong love of computers and technology.

tjmagneto

[H]ard DCOTM x2
I had an Atari 400......with a tape drive!
Same for me. I had a few times where the stupid tape would not load and have to restart it. All just to play Frogger.

I had an Apple II GS. Remember it cost almost $3,000 :eek:
Had one of those too. RAM was a big issue way back when with flaky chips hitting the market once in a while. I upgraded my RAM to 1.25 MB and the chips were bad which got the memory card fried. I replaced all of the sockets with whatever I could find at Radio shack, got more RAM chips and the repair actually worked! It was then I really caught the modding bug.

@Ax: Trash 80. lol

SirJamesDDJ

Weaksauce
I just always think in 15-20 years, if we're still an innovative and free Republic, we're gonna think back, "Wow, I only had 6 cores and it cost $1,000!"

rcranfield

n00b
Update on the trash talk thread at EVGA.
Monty Python quotes are now allowed. Trash talk in a trash talk thread has been OK'd.
Let's get the fun rolling again.:D:cool::p

We still will have to keep things family friendly so no cursing or discussion of private parts.:eek:

jebo_4jc

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2011
Update on the trash talk thread at EVGA.
Monty Python quotes are now allowed. Trash talk in a trash talk thread has been OK'd.
Let's get the fun rolling again.:D:cool::p

We still will have to keep things family friendly so no cursing or discussion of private parts.:eek:
ROFL

just to be sure, could you add it to the TOS please

:rolleyes:

SirJamesDDJ

Weaksauce
No can do, but our fearless leader posted some fling there. That should be good enough.:D

All I said was, "I think it's because a few posts got removed...and they feel they can't throw stuff back at EVGA without a warning.
The two forums' TOS are quite different for content, apparently."
As your fearless leader, I take it upon myself to get to know both camps :D

rcranfield

n00b
All I said was, "I think it's because a few posts got removed...and they feel they can't throw stuff back at EVGA without a warning.

No, SirJames....... The Duffman posted fling.

jebo_4jc

I know...that was a bit of nut busting for your "UM. That's George C. Scott. And he's dead. He only played Patton in a movie" last night
good thing this isn't evga forums, or that little "nut busting" bit would have you in a world of trouble, mister

amdgamer

Supreme [H]ardness

That is why you eVGA folks should come here and fold for team #33. We arn't here to please tweens or teeny boppers. We roll [H]ard, and we don't care whether we offend some tween's momma or not. We also have a lot moer fun here as the DC subforum here is like a party that is going on 24/7. I just wish they would stop serving beer and tamales as that is such a bad combination.

Besides, I know that when I was 10 years old, I heard far worse on the school playground.

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Screw that, we love beer and tamales here. Who wants to play the fart game?

amdgamer

Supreme [H]ardness
Screw that, we love beer and tamales here. Who wants to play the fart game?

If you guys want to give each other pink eye, that is your business. Me, i'll just stick with tamales, or beer, but not both at the same time.

jebo_4jc

If you guys want to give each other pink eye, that is your business. Me, i'll just stick with tamales, or beer, but not both at the same time.
what?

tamales without corona or dos equis is a crime!

unless you're serving something with cuervo in it :)

amdgamer

Supreme [H]ardness
what?

tamales without corona or dos equis is a crime!

unless you're serving something with cuervo in it :)

Tell that to your intestinal tract. That combination is dangerous and is probably responsible for the demise of many of our famous cowboys.

Camaroz06

Gawd
How about tamales and riot punch? Anyone live in a non-puritan state in which you can buy some good grain alcohol?

Parja

[H]F Junkie
Anyone live in a non-puritan state in which you can buy some good grain alcohol?

Ooh, me me me. That's one thing Wisconsin is good for. You can get Everclear at some grocery stores here, even.