OnePlus Turns off Credit Card Payment Support After Phone Purchases

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
OnePlus has been reaching out to its phone customers about apparent credit card fraud attached to using its phones payment systems, and lo and behold, OnePlus has decided to disable its credit card payment systems.

As a precaution, we are temporarily disabling credit card payments at oneplus.net. PayPal is still available, and we are exploring alternative secure payment options with our service providers.

At OnePlus, we take information privacy extremely seriously. Over the weekend, members of the OnePlus community reported cases of unknown credit card transactions occurring on their credit cards post purchase from oneplus.net. We immediately began to investigate as a matter of urgency, and will keep you updated. This FAQ document will be updated to address questions raised.

I've used PayPal to buy my OP 3 and 5 phones. Glad I did so.

Much better! ;)

While it sucks for the company and those looking to buy I don't think it should be too big an issue. I was worried it was the actual phones, that's would be a big deal as that could affect a whole lot more people.

I guess these days all we can really do is just keep an eye on our bank accounts...considering everyone and everything that has my card number there's really no sure way to protect yourself from this stuff happening at all...unless you use just straight cash 100% of the time I guess...

Paypal has been boned more times, by more people, than my x-wife. No thank you to any of it.

Back