NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 Video Card Review @ [H]

cannondale06

[H]F Junkie
Just got a PNY GTX670, has anyone heard the reviews on this one? It was like the only 670 I could find and I haven't installed it yet.
its just the reference card isn't it? and I would not expect a huge improvement over your 6950 if that Q6600 is at stock.

haroldmeyer

[H]ard|Gawd
Cannondale06, your wrong about this one, even with my "oldish" proc, this thing flat out smokes anything I've had before. I've had nothing but ATI cards since the 4600TI days, I'm really not an ATI/AMD fanboy, but if you get the chance to testdrive one of these cards look out...

cannondale06

[H]F Junkie
Cannondale06, your wrong about this one, even with my "oldish" proc, this thing flat out smokes anything I've had before. I've had nothing but ATI cards since the 4600TI days, I'm really not an ATI/AMD fanboy, but if you get the chance to testdrive one of these cards look out...
you might have had some nice boosts in most games but overall you did not even come close to getting the full benefit of upgrading from a 6950 to 670 though. a reference 670 is about 60% faster than a stock 6950 and a stock Q6600 is easily holding that level of card back by 40-50% depending on the game and settings. and why on earth would you drop 400 bucks on a card but not 30 bucks on cpu cooler to oc that cpu to actually get better use of that new card?

Impulse

[H]F Junkie
A second 6950 would've been a cheaper/faster upgrade too, tho more of a hassle obviously and even more bottlenecked by his Q6600.

GOD'SlittleSERVANT

Supreme [H]ardness
Except for the incessant buzzing all the ref cards fan seem to make.

Google "GTX 670 buzz"

I bought a pair of these to replace my ageing GTX-285s as part of an upgrade. Noise bugs me. These cards are effing annoying.

I get min tomorrow... hope I don't run into this issue.

Mike89

Gawd
I'd have a hard time buying a Asus Video card because Asus is not up front with what their warranty is. Trying to find the warranty for one of their video card is not easy and after trying to find out, I still don't know what it is. An example of what I mean is here from their own site

http://support.asus.com/Warranty.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=GTX680-DC2T-2GD5&p=9&s=2

For a company that won't give a straight answer regarding the warranty leaves me very uneasy. I haven't seen any of the Hardocp reviews of Asus cards mention it so apparently they don't know either.

DejaWiz

Fully [H]
I'd have a hard time buying a Asus Video card because Asus is not up front with what their warranty is. Trying to find the warranty for one of their video card is not easy and after trying to find out, I still don't know what it is. An example of what I mean is here from their own site

http://support.asus.com/Warranty.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=GTX680-DC2T-2GD5&p=9&s=2

For a company that won't give a straight answer regarding the warranty leaves me very uneasy. I haven't seen any of the Hardocp reviews of Asus cards mention it so apparently they don't know either.

Asus site states that warranty periods vary by location, check with your purchase site. On the GTX 670 models, it's 3 years.

II haven't seen any of the Hardocp reviews of Asus cards mention it so apparently they don't know either.
there where some 2 topics about ASUS GTX 680 Top and GTX 670 TOP but they where deleted or i don't know where they are, i posted there last stating not good opinion about ASUS products, espescially about my GTX 670 TOP that had died on me couple of days after purchase, not going to elaborate on this b/c i would need to get my tinfoil hat on. ;):p Anyway's i can't say not a good word about ASUS product line, their make flashy pricey hardware that brakes in couple of days after purchase. Their RMA is horrible, i'm waiting for any information from the ASUS service here in EU since a month now, and still no word. Bad thing is that i know that i have 99% chance that the card brakes down again in a couple of days, months tops maybe.

ONE really "funny" fact, i bought ASUS P8P67 (REV 3.2) , the board died 2 times, 2 times visited RMA for about a month both, then i got P8P67 (REV 3.1) and really curious thing about the "newer" revision is that they got taken down from ASUS website because they where so crappy. Check this out http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Intel_P67 no revision 3.2 of this board, now before you flame me that i must of been mistaken, i still have the box that the mobo arrived stating is rev 3.2
Sorry for this off topic, but i'm emotional about this, if a company releases a product and silently later they "erase" it from the existence then i don't know what to think about them.
Also in my country you can't buy GTX 670 DC II TOP from any of the major retailers , the product isnt available anymore. Sorry for my english. ;):eek: