- Jan 28, 2014
WIRED magazine has the exclusive story going into some more details on the console. There a few clarifying tidbits on what has been circulating around the internet, but not much in the way of any specifics. The console is officially called "PlayStation 5."
- Ray tracing will be hardware accelerated
- Game installation will be configurable, for example allowing you to only install the multiplayer component of a game
- The UI will be completely revamped and "modern" including live activity feeds for game servers and progress
- The controller continues with the DualShock design, but now includes haptic feedback features such as those seen with the Nintendo Switch along with "adaptive triggers"
- The GPU will be able to leverage machine learning algorithms that are starting to pop up in the PC gaming market
- At least one developer is more excited about the "speed of everything" and "immediacy" than graphics technology in the next console generation