MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum - Post your cooling upgrades! Help others out!

domoMKIV

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been trying to find pics of neo2 motherboards with assorted HSF's, chipset coolers, watercooled setups...but they are few and far between and most of the pics ive found seem to be RED X'd.
I know a lot of people are using this board still so im hoping this should bring in quite a few different pictures for me (and others) to see what can fit on their mobo.

I myself am using the stock cooling and im looking to either watercool or run an XP120 (but im not sure if it'll fit with the gpu) or something like the Big Typhoon....id also like to see some watercooled setups to see how the chipset goes with being right under the gpu.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

domoMKIV

[H]ard|Gawd
Here are some ive come across in my searches.....

CoolerMaster Hyper6 (not +!) - looks to be a VERY snug fit.
CoolerMaster%20Hyper6.jpg

CoolerMaster%20Hyper62.jpg

Swiftech Storm block - fits and looks damn good against the black pcb! thanks to vexvegaz for the pics.
Swiftech%20Storm.jpg

Swiftech%20Storm2.jpg

Thermalright SLK948U (doubt many will use this but i figured id post it anyway) - fits fine w/o the heatpiped GPU.
Thermalright%20SLK948U.jpg

Thermalright%20SLK948U2.jpg

Thermalright XP90 - A-OK! Should cool the RAM slots a little as well.
Thermalright%20XP90.jpg

Thermalright XP120 - Very tight fit! all 4 RAM slots are useable (thanks marsluna)
Thermalright%20XP120.jpg

Thermaltake Big Typhoon - tight fit but it works! thanks to hellbent for the pics.
Thermaltake%20Big%20Typhoon.jpg

Thermaltake%20Big%20Typhoon2.jpg

Zalman CNPS7700Cu - doesnt look like this one will fit with a card in the AGP slot. If you file it it MIGHT - if anyone knows for sure, let me know!
Zalman%20CNPS7700Cu.jpg

Zalman CNPS7000BCu - works A-OK!
Zalman%20CNPS7000BCu.jpg

Zalman NB47J heatsink - looks to need quite a bit of filing depending on your card cooler.
Zalman%20NB47J.jpg

Zalman%20NB47J2.jpg

Zalman%20NB47J3.jpg

Zalman%20NB47J4.jpg

Zalman%20NB47J5.jpg

mpcamer1220

[H]ard|Gawd
Wow, that first one is huge, never realized the XP-120 is that big though... I'm getting the XP-90, hopefully it should be here mid next week, I'll let you know :)

hellbent

n00b
yah the typhoon is a tight fit espetialy if your video card is warped lol or if you have a masive double sided heatsink on ur card.

John

mentok1982

Supreme [H]ardness
Zalman 7000B AL-CU
White dusty look is due to dust from sanding drywall stucco stuff.
I am going to clean my PC after the sanding is finished.
motherboard9ws.jpg

I just realized that my computer was on when i took the above pic, yet I can clearly read the Zalmann on the fan center!
My dad's digital camera is better than I thought.

Hexus0

Gawd
That Storm block looks really nice on Neo2, can't wait till I get my WC setup :D

domoMKIV

[H]ard|Gawd
SpoogeMonkey said:
I'll post a pic of the Scythe Ninja tomorrow when I install it on my neo2 plat.

awesome, ive been trying to find pics of that HSF mounted on their, you rule.

vexvegaz

Weaksauce
Hexus0 said:
That Storm block looks really nice on Neo2, can't wait till I get my WC setup :D

yes it does, the black pcb makes that chrome stand out...very sexy :D

domoMKIV

[H]ard|Gawd
old school bump for this thread.

im looking to give someone this mobo + a good HSF as an "upgrade present". more pics of other HS/F setups would be awesome.

ShiShKaBoB

Gawd
Im currently running this board and in the process of fiding out its max FSB(HT)/safe temp is.. Right now I have it set to 300 and just ran 30 min of Prime Small ftt. I do not want to fry my chipset. I have speedfan open and I im getting 2 temps which I am not sure which one is my chipset, and which one is my GPU. I have Local Temp, and Remote Temp. Under a render test i just did they both shot up like 10C. Is 51-52c too hot for the chipset? How about 60C? Any info is appreciated..

I have the MSI K8N NEO2 Platinum to.I just put it together today.I use the ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan/Heatsink.I'll try and get a pic of it soon.I have no problems at all with it.It blocks nothing.Hope this helps. :)

DFI Daishi

2[H]4U
just though that i would mention that i run with a swiftech MCX159 chipset heatsink, and it clears the ramsinks on my watercooled x850XT, but only just. people with the stock cooler on the card probably couldn't clear it.

the details of the rest of my pelt and water setup is probably not a lot of help to anyone else.

no pics: my rig is ugly but effective.

My neo2 with my new w/c setup:

DSC02383.jpg

DSC02371.jpg

I saw the zalman NB cooler that was trimmed down. I just might do that. Does it work better than the stock NB fan?

domoMKIV

[H]ard|Gawd
im not sure if it works better, im gonna pick one up in the next couple of days though and see hwo it does. the little fan is too annoying for me. i need quiet.

chavalcito

n00b
Sorry to drudge up an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone could post pics again of the Neo2 with the Big Typhoon? I am thinking of getting it.