Metal Gear Survive Is Charging $10 For a Second Save Slot

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Just when we thought it was impossible for Konami to sink any lower, Kagemasa Kozuki says "hold my sake" and decides that extra save slots in Metal Gear: Survive should cost $10. Metal Gear Survive requires you to create an avatar, which is tied to both single and multiplayer saves/accounts, and you only get one. So if you want to do another playthough of the game, you have to delete your character, or buy 1,000 SV Coins which can be had at the price of 1,150 for $10, or 550 for $5.

Absolutely disgusting. And don't forget, Metal Gear Survive is not only a terrible game, it also has the usual assortment of aid cosmetic items, paid XP boosters, and paid loadout slots. Seriously #FucKonami. A big thank you to SPARTAN VI for the story.

Ramping up the ridiculousness even further, if you share your Steam, Xbox Live, or PSN account with family members, each additional player will have to spend that extra $10 to play with their own character.

SPARTAN VI

[H]F Junkie
I hope the full nerd rage force of the Internet comes to bear on them for this. This is so abusive, it makes Battlefront 2's microtransactions seem like charity.

D

Deleted member 201992

Konami without Kojima is akin to Apple without Jobs, or Microsoft without Gates. People just towing the corporate line without the manhood to take any worthy risks.

Azphira

[H]ard|Gawd
A lot of people today make games to make money, the love of the art is long gone in them and by some of the decisions they make one would guess they hate the people they make games for too.

Reactions: Rahh
like this

Elf_Boy

2[H]4U
I am understanding to save a second character on your own hard drive cost money?

DejaWiz

Fully [H]
Waiting for the $5 per month charge to allow the player the use of the keyboard and mouse (or controller)...

lostin3d

[H]ard|Gawd
Is anyone truly sure there's not a paper trail leading to EA here?

If I still did such things. . . . . .I'd pirate this game just to support the hack to break such sh!*.

triwolf

Gawd
I've seen complete rip off moves in video games before, this takes the cake. Thank goodness for all the other games on Steam, this kind of behavior by developers should have a huge backlash. All this and pay to win and loot boxes can go straight to hell, I'll play an older game or something else that's not out to drain my wallet.

Exavior

[H]F Junkie
first off i am going to point out that save slots and character slots are different things. so shame on that.

second, why share your Xbox live account with others? that shares with others on the system so they just need to log in as themselves. You can also share steam games so that leaves only psn players as the odd one out maybe. So the part quoted shouldn't be an issue for anyone for that reason.

that said $10 for extra character slots is stupid, but for most people it shouldn't matter. For the few that do what two characters they will probably pay without caring. Like normal the people bitching about something are the ones it won't effect anyone.

ChoGGi

[H]ard|Gawd
I'd expect a F2P game to come with just a single slot, not a sixty dollar (CAD) one.

triwolf

Gawd
first off i am going to point out that save slots and character slots are different things. so shame on that.

second, why share your Xbox live account with others? that shares with others on the system so they just need to log in as themselves. You can also share steam games so that leaves only psn players as the odd one out maybe. So the part quoted shouldn't be an issue for anyone for that reason.

that said $10 for extra character slots is stupid, but for most people it shouldn't matter. For the few that do what two characters they will probably pay without caring. Like normal the people bitching about something are the ones it won't effect anyone.
Not really supposed to share Steam accounts, can get your account taken away. It's true people do it, I'll give you that. You are right it won't affect me and many others because we don't like the decision to pay for every piddly thing in a game, and will buy it when Hell freezes over, so correct again.

vegeta535

[H]F Junkie
Well what did you expected from a shit company like Konami. They went full retard with the whole Kojima thing. There wont be much back lash for this game since it was DoA to begin with. No one to bitch if no one is playing it. I wish Konami would be reasonable and just the right to another developer for some of these classic IP's don't fade away.

Dan_D

Extremely [H]
This isn't too surprising. Games as a service is what everyone wants to move to as it allows them to get more out of the initial cash investment of a game and continue to sell to people who already paid $60 for the game. People are suckers for it because it's just a buck or two here and there. It adds up more quickly than you might think. It's unfortunate, but this is the direction the big publishers are going in.

Burticus

Supreme [H]ardness
While I think this is BS, I will say it's an original spin on monetizing games. Screw loot boxes... you want to SAVE your progress? Haha! $3, pay up!

How much are they going to charge for a cardboard box to hide in?

You mean the Special Cardboard Camouflage System DLC? $10 !

Exavior

[H]F Junkie
Not really supposed to share Steam accounts, can get your account taken away. It's true people do it, I'll give you that. You are right it won't affect me and many others because we don't like the decision to pay for every piddly thing in a game, and will buy it when Hell freezes over, so correct again.

Really, they remove your account for using this feature? http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/familysharing

That is fucked up. Can you give me some examples of people who lost their accounts for using that?

Spidey329

[H]F Junkie
I am understanding to save a second character on your own hard drive cost money?

I'm curious if it's a local or cloud save. If it's a local save file, I could imagine it wouldn't be that hard to make an intermediary launcher that gives you a save list and when chosen, swaps the save file out before launching the game.

sfsuphysics

[H]F Junkie
You mean the Special Cardboard Camouflage System DLC? $10 !
whoa there guy, a little fast on that aren't we. You want the camouflage skin that costs an extra $5, for standard digital camo that is, you want authentic jungle camo that's $10

SixFootDuo

Supreme [H]ardness
This is great. As long as they find other means to bring in income other than loot boxes.

This is great news. Be careful to be critical of them.

krotch

Supreme [H]ardness
Guess it's a good thing Konami has been shit to me for a long time. I don't play any of the Metal Gear games and the only other console games they have is some baseball game and some soccer game. I don't play them either. Last time I touched a Konami game was Beatmania IIDX 16: Empress for PS2. That was 2009.

Once a great company, now total shit.

IcePickFreak

[H]ard|Gawd
I sold an original copy of an old shitty Intellivision game to a Konami USA employee a couple years ago for $350. I'm ahead of the curve.

Putz

I have a custom title
i dont even consider pay to win/pay to play additional features games for purchase. i dont mind an MMO with a subscription model where you pay 1 fee and get everything and nothing is pay to win

Master_shake_

Fully [H]
Couldn't you just move your current saved game to a different directory and boom another save?

NeoNemesis

2[H]4U
I hope the full nerd rage force of the Internet comes to bear on them for this. This is so abusive, it makes Battlefront 2's microtransactions seem like charity.

The difference is that Konami won’t care. Pretty sure they just want to get back to make pachinko machines.

Outside of MGS they haven't made a game worth playing in what seems like decades.