Capacity: at least 1TBCan you please give more details about what exactly you're after? What are your targets on:
- Endurance level need or use case, ie. read intensive, write intensive, OS drive, scratch drive, etc.
- Which is more important, overall performance, random read/write performance, sequential performance, or is performance secondary to endurance and reliability?
- What version of PCIe and how many lanes is the host system capable of?
- Do you need power loss protection?
- Do you need integrated encryption options?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this sounds more like a consumer use case.Capacity: at least 1TB
Budget: no limits
Endurance: read intensive, less write intensive, for deep learning (for storing the training dataset)
Important: fast reading
No power loss protection
No integrated encruption
My concern is performance throttling due to overheating in the case of consumer SSDs... I need to intensively use the SSD for long periods of time (days) without interruption...Correct me if I'm wrong, but this sounds more like a consumer use case.
Enterprise drives main strengths are the write endurance, HW encryption, and power loss protection.
I don't have space for a PCIe card and my motherboard doesn't support U.2 from what I can see... I only have an M.2 slot.
I have decided to buy an M.2 to U.2 adapter and a U.2 enterprise SSD. Which U.2 enterprise SSD with 2TB do you recommend me?I think I'd just get a samsung 980 pro and see if that would solve the problem, otherwise optane .. but the question is what motherboard is this going into?