Just bought a Leaktek 6800 GT @ Newegg for 295.00

ricetek

Gawd
not really i did the same thing i went from a 6800nu to a 6800ultra i got for 350

WanTeD

Limp Gawd
gman said:
and will sell my BFG 6800 OC. I'm I an idiot? :eek:

Can you give a small review on the card you bought?.. Have you tried OCing it yet or not?

WanTeD

Limp Gawd
Obi_Kwiet said:
You people with money suck. :mad:
You know what sucks more? Having money, but living in a country where everything is available 1 year after it's available in other countries, and for about extra 70% from its original cost 1 year ago, so you have to wait for friends to travel abroad so then can get you the stuff.. Something is defective? RMA is a joooooke :D

<--------Welcome to..

CleanSlate

Supreme [H]ardness
WanTeD said:
You know what sucks more? Having money, but living in a country where everything is available 1 year after it's available in other countries, and for about extra 70% from its original cost 1 year ago, so you have to wait for friends to travel abroad so then can get you the stuff.. Something is defective? RMA is a joooooke :D

<--------Welcome to..

Why not have your friends ship it out to you?

~Adam

gman

[H]ard|Gawd
Can you give a small review on the card you bought?.. Have you tried OCing it yet or not?

Do you mean the Leadtek, which is what I just bought, or my BFG?

complex

Limp Gawd
wow nice price and you will love that card, its quite and way cooler then any other card with a stock air cooler (dont replace it with the thermaltake cooler thing the stock i sbetter) and it over clocks pretty good as well, im loving mine and have been for i think 8 months when i payed 395 with 2nd day shipping for it

WanTeD

Limp Gawd
gman said:
Do you mean the Leadtek, which is what I just bought, or my BFG?
The Leadtek 6800GT you just bought.. I'm interested about the cooling system.. is it heavy? How good does it cool the card.. and it is noisy?

Flocke

n00b
wow good price, I just ordered a MSI X800 XL for 299. Wish I would of caught that deal tho.

MasterShake

Limp Gawd
I paid 380 for it a month ago... those bastards!! Anyways, it was a great card. Overclocked like a monster, was very quiet, and the great cooling. But I started getting really bad screen corruption and then one day it just quit working. Some people have had problems with them before and had to have them sent back, others have bee fine. I get mine back next week, I can't wait. Hopefully what happened to mine was just bad luck, other than that it's a great card.

Vlad335

Gawd
Just received mine today ( $299.00. I ordered on Monday) and got to fool with it for just alittle bit before I had to head to work.

At stock speeds I got 11,500 in 3Dmark03. ( My 9800pro would get 6000) WooHoo! Somewhat disappointed in my 3Dmark01 score though. My 9800pro would get 20,500 stock and this gets 22,080. I thought my score should be higher...

Next I installed coolbits and it reported 424/1120. I ran this speed for awhile in Battlefield Vietnam and it ran fine. The temp in coolbits after leaving the game was 54c.

However... This sumbitch is heavy! Solid block of copper here. I would be very careful moving your box around with one of these in it.

I am working 7pm-7am now. This morning, I'll get alittle sleep and have 5 days off to play with this card.

WanTeD

Limp Gawd
CleanSlate said:
Why not have your friends ship it out to you?

~Adam

That's what I try to do.. But the problem I always face is how to send them the money, since all sites only accept american credit cards, so I can't buy from here and ship the product to them :(

WanTeD

Limp Gawd
That's what I do, but the transfer costs a bit.. but what the heck.. I know that I have to pay a little extra..

CleanSlate

Supreme [H]ardness
Saves you from having to buy it from shops there for alot extra, no?

~Adam

WanTeD

Limp Gawd
CleanSlate said:
Saves you from having to buy it from shops there for alot extra, no?

~Adam

Yeah it saves me a lot compared to what I have to pay to get these stuff in here..