Intel introduces new high-performance graphics brand: Arc

TrunksZero

Limp Gawd
Man... Intel is going to be so late to the party I'm not sure it's worth getting excited about anymore. At least for the GPU's.

Lakados

Supreme [H]ardness
Man... Intel is going to be so late to the party I'm not sure it's worth getting excited about anymore. At least for the GPU's.
I'm not so sure about that, I think we might be pleasantly surprised. Yeah, their stuff will be launching when the others are announcing their new hardware but neither AMD nor NVidia have really given any budget builders anything they can work with in the past 2 years. Craploads of gamers out there still using 1650 class hardware with no feasible upgrade path from there. So what if it's a generation behind, based on the leaks their 3070 class card is doing it at 150w that's absurd, and if the price is right and it actually exists in the market it will sell. If Intel were to release a $2500 flagship card out the gate, they put themselves in a bad position, not only are they limiting their cards to the high-end gaming market but then they are further limiting it to high-end gamers who are willing to drop that money on something with an uncertain future. What Intel needs is a cheap mass-produced card that slaughters 1080p and offers good 1440p, that they can get as much compatibility and feature support as they can, Intel is in the unique position of being the underdog here, this is completely new ground for them and they have to go at this like they are hungry for it, otherwise, they are dooming this to failure and their leadership knows they can't afford that failure, it would end their careers and reputations.