HL2...Did i miss something???

laserdemon

[H]ard|Gawd
screenshot.asp

Did anyone see this in the game??? Or did they cut it out. I just thought about it.

MrWoot

Gawd
they cut it out, along with the whole "blocking the door" thing they showed at E3

Mindriot

Limp Gawd
I hear ya! I was looking forward to that blue monster trying to attack me in HL2.
Oh well, it must have been Buggy or something. I Can't think of any other reason it would have been cut out.

oldpablo

Supreme [H]ardness
Related to stolen code maybe? Just a guess... Doom3 was missing some or all of its demo stuff as well. Maybe they take it out to not give it away when you get to it.

heyheyhey

Gawd
laserdemon said:
screenshot.asp

Did anyone see this in the game??? Or did they cut it out. I just thought about it.

Wow, straight out of the Final Fantasy movie... only blue...

BooyaAchieved

Limp Gawd
They took out the Hydra (blue tentacle) because it was not fun at all to fight. Don't know why they took out a lot of the E3 stuff.

Does anyone remember all the talk about the face system that blended all possible facial features to make unique faces for each rebel, so you never saw the same face twice?

S1nF1xx

Supreme [H]ardness
Holy shit, I forgot all about that. I couldn't believe how awesome that looked when I first saw it.

Thanks a lot man, now I'm dissapointed. ;)

Blauman

[H]ard|Gawd
BooyaAchieved said:
They took out the Hydra (blue tentacle) because it was not fun at all to fight. Don't know why they took out a lot of the E3 stuff.

Does anyone remember all the talk about the face system that blended all possible facial features to make unique faces for each rebel, so you never saw the same face twice?

I dont remember reading that but if it was true I dont think it was implemeted very well or at all. I swear I saw the same model more than once. Unless it was the same person with multiple personalities.

Chris_B

Supreme [H]ardness
All the stuff they showed at e3 2003 was basically their proof of concept demos, check out gamespots "the final hours of hl2" article it explains all that.

UnlimitedMP

[H]ard|Gawd
I was looking forward to the Hydra and the smarter soldier.

:(

Hey did the Hydra remind any of you of the water monster from Ocarina of Time?

NoxTek

The Geek Redneck
Yup, thats the first thing I thought the very first time I saw that screenshot... looks like the Hydra monster from Zelda: OoT. :p

Deadguy

Limp Gawd
BooyaAchieved said:

maybe you werent paying attention, they werent talking about a "random face generator" , they were talking about how the faces in HL2 had the musculature of a real human face and inherently had the ability to show emotion and increase the drama of the games storytelling and dialog

Tecil

n00b
Yeah I was looking for that part as well. Or when he shoots the struts off that beam and it mows down all those soldiers. I thought that was pretty cool, and after I had played through I kept thinking I must have missed it.