Hit a Folding (Stanford) milestone? Post it here:

DWolvin

2[H]4U
Fair enough! It's an embarrassingly pedestrian decade old 911. I keed I keed, I'm sure it's still an amazing car, but I swear I'm going to 'Wash Me' tag it sometime...

Toconator

Gawd
As of right now I will do about a billion a month. Each update brings more points than I did back in 2011ish over the course of 2 months. With better aka newer hardware it's a lot easier to do now.

Yes better hardware BUT where it really started to take off is with adoption of GPU folding. Back when they decided to award points a Pentium 4 was benchmarked and the standard set. (P4 - 2.8 GHz I believe). Even modern CPU's don't get the massive PPD that a mid or low range GPU does nowadays. I'll console myself with my total WU's while my scalp heals ... ;)

SmokeRngs

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2008
Heh, you people talking about your billions and billion per month and I'm sitting here having just finally hit 200 million.

Sure, I haven't done much of anything with F@H in more than a decade for the most part and wouldn't even be doing anything right now if it wasn't for the WCG mess. But I do what I can, especially since the temps have for the most part been dropping and I can use the extra heat.

Also, I have jack for hardware anymore. Just a 1050Ti which puts out less points than my 5800x, the 5800x and a single RX570 since my son's RX570 got sent back to him to do service in his Jellyfin server machine I was finally able to build. Still, it's better than nothing and somehow allows me to flirt with being in the top 20 on the team from time to time.

russnuck

Gawd
It had been years since I last loaded F@H. It took me something like 5 years to get to 19M points. I've added the next 50M in just over one month using a 6700XT running @ 100W. It's crazy the difference in computer power available today.

Agent_N

Gawd
I never imagined getting into the top 100 on HardOCP team any time soon, but I got into crypto mining so I ended up with better GPUs for folding and now, for the time being, occupy the number 6 spot for points contribution to team [H]!

F@H top ten HardOCP 2022-10-23.jpg

Ducrider748

Limp Gawd
Heh, you people talking about your billions and billion per month and I'm sitting here having just finally hit 200 million.

Sure, I haven't done much of anything with F@H in more than a decade for the most part and wouldn't even be doing anything right now if it wasn't for the WCG mess. But I do what I can, especially since the temps have for the most part been dropping and I can use the extra heat.

Also, I have jack for hardware anymore. Just a 1050Ti which puts out less points than my 5800x, the 5800x and a single RX570 since my son's RX570 got sent back to him to do service in his Jellyfin server machine I was finally able to build. Still, it's better than nothing and somehow allows me to flirt with being in the top 20 on the team from time to time.
It's not about the hardware you have or don't have. It's about folding and the contributions you make. Big or small every work unit counts.

AgrFan

[H]ard DCOTM x2
Congratulations! What hardware are you rocking?
Two Dell Optiplexes - 990 (i7-2600) and 7020 (i5-4590) - 80K PPD.

All my FAH points are from CPU work. No GPUs. Started way back in 2007 with a few single core boxes. Stopped running FAH a long time ago.

I started running FAH again during the WCG migration. I moved both machines back to WCG tonight.

Last edited: