Heroes of the Storm Referral Thread

RanceJustice

Supreme [H]ardness
Good thread, I'll provide mine as well.

https://battle.net/recruit/BK57GDNS2B

Keep in mind that Recruits can be any account level 5 or lower, not just newly created ones! As you can see from the page, each recruit gets some free stuff, cosmetic and otherwise

The first bonus is the Raynor character unlocked permanently and a 5-day Stimpack (doubles XP, in-game gold acquisition), from the start of their recruitment. If nothing else, use this to get a free character and a couple days of boosted play! When the Recruit makes it to level 10, they get Sylvanas unlocked permanently plus a unique RAF portrait for use in game!

Veteran players are granted the RAF portrait as well, when their recruit makes it to level 10. If they have 4 recruits who make it to 10, they unlock the Vulture (cosmetic) mount.

So it behooves any new or low leveled player to use RAF to unlock a couple of characters (both of which are in my opinion, versatile and viable characters for their roles) permanently, plus a couple days of bonus play to make it even faster and earn a new portrait along the way! If anyone is interested in getting started with HotS, I'd be happy to help them along in game as well or answer any questions they have.

Edit: Oh, and it is notable for all HotS players, Blizz is extending their "50% off just about everything, plus special skins/packages/mounts returning" black Friday sale to encompass the rest of the month, so now's a great time for new recruits and vets alike to pick up the skins and packages that take their eye! Note that all playable characters can also be unlocked with gold earned in game via wins, leveling up, and "daily quests".

Edit 2: To commemorate RAF, From 12/8 to 12/16 there will be a 50%+ XP Bonus! These holiday bonuses (if I recall) stack both with the bonus XP for playing a match with someone on your Battle.net Friends List and the bonuses granted by Stimpacks.

Last edited:

Shantarr.Dalrae

[H]ard|Gawd
REBEL!

I've no idea what level my acct is but if it's eligible i'll randomly pick on of there later today.

RanceJustice

Supreme [H]ardness
I think referral links are banned in [h].

but heres mine anyway

https://battle.net/recruit/DFPJJP5DKV

I've seen them discussed before over the years without issue, in various threads. So long as they are either A) confined to a game's discussion thread to which they pertain (ie Star Citizen codes in the Star Citizen thread) or B) are confined to a single thread specifically for a particular game's recruitment (such as we see here, on in the "Free Stuff" subform that hosts WoW RAF and Scrolls of Ressurection threads), are not being spammed or occluding discussion, clearly offers a benefit to recruits as well as recruiters and there is full disclosure on what benefits each will receive, s etc... I believe they have been judged permissible. There may be other criteria as well, but given some of the examples above it seems to be viable in at least some cases.

I'm sure that the mods (nor any of us, really) want to avoid having a ton of people coming in, making new topics and spamming various codes. Likewise, what I believe IS banned are referrals that are non-gaming related and are basically from pyramid scheme sites with real-money rewards. The "get a bunch of people to click your link and sign up for these credit-destroying offers and you will get a FREE iPad, game console etc.." type that were really prevalent a few years back.

Now that I'm thinking about it, perhaps it would be best for this thread to move to the Free Stuff forum, as there is a precedent for dedicated recruit code threads there for things like World of Warcraft? Though as always, it is up to the discretion of the moderation team.