Good Download Site for Linux

SmAw

n00b
Ok so this is my goal...i want to find a good site that i can download Linux from that will allow me to run Cedega 4.4. I am brand new to Linux so i need a version that isn't going to blow my mind. I downloaded RedHat 9 and currently have it installed, but i can't get past the freaking login page...!?!

I've heard good things about Fedora Core 4 but not sure if Cedega 4.4 will work with it. I know Cedega has been tested on Fedora Core 3 and works fine. I could be totaly lost, but from what i have read, Cedega runs inside Linux? So i guess im looking for a site that won't give me a run around that i can download Fedora, or help with RedHat 9.

jpmkm

That Ain't Mayo On My Lip...
FC4 would probably be better than redhat 9 in this case since FC4 is so much newer. The official fedora website has the isos, and I believe they might even have torrents up if you want to go that route. And cedega should run fine on FC4. It's all linux.

Bullitt

2[H]4U
wait, cant get past the login screen? As in you are denied access to your own box?

Did you forget to set (or forget) a root password or a normal user? Those factors will not improve your chances with another distro. Fedora/RH are friendly and good, ubuntu is gaining popularity, but I'm just a text-mode debian fan. I feel like I'm a dying breed here....