Game Card and WoW?

Bennyb

2[H]4U
It is 2 days before the release and the only vendor i see selling these cards is walmart...

I know that the game comes with a free 1 month subscription but i wanted to know if i would be able to play for 1 month, without buying an aditional gamecard or putting a CC # down?

Does the game come with a card with 30 days on it?

Camaro68

Limp Gawd
I thought you could buy the game card in like 30 day, 60 day, and like 6 month ammounts? could be wrong.

vapor

n00b
My friend contacted Blizzard about that same question, and yes, you do need a credit card or game card to use the free month. From the screenshots of those early Collectors Editions that got out, it doesn't look like there is a game card for that first free month- probably just gets added on account creation.

As of now, it appears the game cards are only offered in a two month package. Not sure how or if the three or six month package discounts apply with the use of game cards.

vapor

n00b
Koslov said:
how come some people already have the game??

No idea, guess it was just the usual Walmart slipup. Apparently, Amazon also shipped some early. How I wish I could admire the Collectors Edition contents before the servers go up :D.

Bad Goat

Limp Gawd
LOL, that's hilarious that some people already have the game....I live in Nebraska and went to my local WalMart two days ago and about made my wife have a heart attack when I let out a scream noticing the 12 World of Warcraft games sitting on their counter. Some pimply faced kid behind the counter asked me if I wanted to purchase one.....it was everything I had to say "No, you are waiting for the collector edition..." But man o man....sooooo tempting!! :eek:

Bennyb

2[H]4U
Does anyone else know of a place besides walmart that sells these cards?

Impulse

[H]F Junkie
Bennyb said:
Does anyone else know of a place besides walmart that sells these cards?

Doesn't Babbages? I think I've seen the EQ/CoH/etc. ones there, dunno 'bout WoW but I'd imagine so.

Bennyb

2[H]4U
Well, i googled it, and some price grabber site came up which said walmart was the only vendor of the cards...