Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 pre order + $10 Game Credit

asyork

2[H]4U
This is very tempting, but I kind of spent all my spending money on the Steam Winter Sale...

Tzzird

Supreme [H]ardness
This is very tempting, but I kind of spent all my spending money on the Steam Winter Sale...

Same feeling here. Even though I've got more money, $125 of winter Steam sales haven't even been touched yet!

Then again, this is FFXIII!

AeonF1

[H]ard|Gawd
And God of War 3 comes out on March 31st, something good to use that $10 off coupon on. But my gf wants to grab the game at a midnight release so she can just play it til dusk (she's played all of them minus the mmo one since she's also fluent in Japanese and she's not even Japanese), and they were all beaten in less than a week without any sort of guide (yeah she's an FF nut). Unfortunetly they don't do those huge launch parties at the Sony Metreon anymore since that store closed down. Guess I'll have to deal with Gamestop.

noobtech

2[H]4U
6 disk set for the 360?

probably cuz the Xbox Discs don't hold as much data. Aren't they still like DVD? I believe there are a few other games that are on multi disc. If they have the same version for PS3 and Xbox... i'm going PS3 ver.

phobic

Supreme [H]ardness
Just got this for the PS3. Pretty good deal considering I get release date guarantee with Prime. Thanks OP.

dr.stevil

[H]F Junkie
eh, I don't own either system at the moment, but I'll wait for reviews before I jump on board.

I love the series, but 12 really left a bad taste in my mouth :\

refraxion

[H]F Junkie
Try loading wow on a pc with all the x-packs and patches, but at least my pc wont r-rod half way thru lol.

What does this have to do with FFXIII?

Lol at the huge amount of discs for 360 though. I might get it for PS3.. maybe.

Neb

2[H]4U
What does this have to do with FFXIII?

Lol at the huge amount of discs for 360 though. I might get it for PS3.. maybe.

I'm the same way....a big maybe for the ps3. Wonder if there's any particular difference in performance between the two.

MotionBlur

[H]ard|Gawd
Just so everyone know, there are 2 different story lines (not sure how much) between the PS3 and Xbox versions.

quixotic

Gawd
Just so everyone know, there are 2 different story lines (not sure how much) between the PS3 and Xbox versions.

I'm sure SE said the 2 versions would be identical. Besides, there's no need judging from the reviews that showed how linear the game is.

RanceJustice

Supreme [H]ardness
I still need to be sure that FFXIII...

Has a "Good" edition. Some people say it will be the PS3 variant, with more content or better play.
Has Japanese vocals included.
Has a Collector's Edition

When I can figure out those three then I'll buy. Right now I don't see a special Collector's edition for Pre-Order and it frustrates me to no end how players get screwed if they order before Collector's is announced and can't change their order. It happened to me with WoW and I'm still frustrated! Haha!

noobtech

2[H]4U
The official website shows a song with Leona Lewis... I listened to it and sounds like garbage. I'm sure the original Japanese song was way better... I'd rather have Lady Gaga.

asyork

2[H]4U
Nice troll.. this isnt true.

It's partly true. The story on the Xbox version is the same as on the PS3 one that was linked to in OP. However, there is another story line that is only available on the PS3, which is called Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

refraxion

[H]F Junkie
Yeah, thats a different game though. We are comparing FFXIII with FFXIII, not FF Versus XIII.

asyork

2[H]4U
Yeah, thats a different game though. We are comparing FFXIII with FFXIII, not FF Versus XIII.

I still wouldn't call him a troll. If you are a fan of the series, you'll probably want to play both at some point, so you may as well get the PS3 version because Versus is supposedly going to be PS3 only. That does make it somewhat relevant to the discussion at hand. Plus there will be the PSP FFXIII game, which again makes the PS3 version a better option.

IMO, the decision as to which version to buy is a no brainer. If you have or will soon have a PS3, get that one. If you only have a 360, get that one.

I just wish that it had be designed for the computer and ported to the consoles, but that's asking for too much these days, especially from Square.

dr.stevil

[H]F Junkie
is it coming to the PC in the future? That would be pretty nice :) Hell, last remnant made it's way to windows... FF13 will no doubt sell better. Since they're going multi-platform anyway, I don't see why they wouldn't (or couldn't)

tacosareveryyummy

Supreme [H]ardness
I think I'll wait till I see some player reviews. If it's anything like recent FF games, I'll wait till it hits the bargain bin.

MrSteel74

[H]ard|Gawd
I think I'll wait till I see some player reviews. If it's anything like recent FF games, I'll wait till it hits the bargain bin.

I agree the last Final Fantasy I enjoyed playing was IX, in fact once the games switched to the PS platform that has been the only one I liked. As many people that love FF VII that game makes my skin crawl I've never finished playing the 1st disc I just hated the game so much.

sethk

2[H]4U
Square hasn't always done a great job with their PC ports (when they even have one), and they usually take a while to come out, without many (any?) improvements. Normally I'm a big fan of buying games on the PC if available, but in this instance I'm probably going to go with the PS3 version.

WhiteZero

2[H]4U
DONT preorder it yet, if you want this deal. Amazon will keep upping the amount of Game Credit as the release date draws near. I am not sure if you preorder when its at $10, and they up it to $20 if you will get the 10 or 20.

ashmedai

[H]F Junkie

Supposedly the gameplay is some of their best, but the plot is a little whatchacallit, it lacks deeper nuances. I think someone described it as "manga-like"?

tacosareveryyummy

Supreme [H]ardness
Supposedly the gameplay is some of their best, but the plot is a little whatchacallit, it lacks deeper nuances. I think someone described it as "manga-like"?

The biggest issue is the relative ease of the games. They tend to put me to sleep because of it. They also need more side quests.

I don't think the FF series will ever be able to, at least in my mind, stack up to the Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale series.

ashmedai

[H]F Junkie
I don't think the FF series will ever be able to, at least in my mind, stack up to the Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale series.

Few modern games are that challenging - or expansive. There's more profit in not. Have you ever thought of developing mods for popular CRPGs that come with a toolkit?

FrEaKy

[H] Movie and TV Show Review Guy
Im picken up FF XIII Versus instead of regular XIII, I might get both though, havent decided.

sethk

2[H]4U
I think the closest JRPG in terms of challenge to BG / ID is Demon's Souls. In many ways it reminds me of a very hardcore PC RPG.