Facebook Parent Company Meta loses record $230B in one day.

Zarathustra[H]

Extremely [H]
Meta, newly established parent company of Facebook lost $230 Billion in market value yesterday after Facebook reported its first ever decline in Facebook users.

This is the largest single day market capitalization loss of any company. The $230B loss, greater in total value than all but the top 47 publicly listed companies resulted in Mark Zuckerberg personally tumbling from 9th to 12th on the worlds wealthiest people list.

To this I only have one thing to say:

1644020409500.png

I hope Meta loses its remaining market cap as well.

LukeTbk

2[H]4U
Will we see some wave of take about why government should give tax credit on that evaluation loss, like we see the other way around when a market say that someone gained value ?....

ManofGod

[H]F Junkie
it needs to go to zero and be completely dissolved and disbanded.

Only for something else to be put in it's place, as would most likely occur. However, the Metaverse is a real thing of the near future and as such, Meta is not going to be going away.

sleepeeg3

Supreme [H]ardness
Why do you people even care? Like it some kind of win. If Facebook dies something else will rise to take it's place.
It is being replaced by alternatives that care about free speech. People are starting to get "woke" to it's oppressive censorship. I dumped it awhile back.

They started filtering the content people see when they disallowed users from sorting their news feed by post order and Fakebook replaced it with their own algorithm. You will literally not see posts from many of your friends, due to their biased algorithm. Most people are oblivious.

I wish Google would go the same way, but their stock is going in the opposite direction as Facebook's... Microsoft, Amazon, Google and Apple are like the Borg.

Last edited:

vegeta535

[H]F Junkie
It is being replaced by alternatives that care about free speech. People are starting to get "woke" to it's oppressive censorship.
You know that won't happen. It proabably be even worse then what FB is. You people don't even use it and has no effect on your lives.

Iratus

[H]ard|Gawd
Glad I finally pulled the trigger and sold my shares in early December. I’ve had a moral issue for a while but it took a long time to put my money where my morals are.

That aside, as the ads were getting insane recently I guessed it was going to not be great. I’ve noticed they always get worse once a quarter :)

Just wish I could actually get rid of them but my friends and family are all over the world

GoodBoy

2[H]4U
That's the stock market for you when there is a big swing in a large corp.

Tomorrow's headline will be "Biggest gain ever" just recouping it..