Elden Ring (From Software RPG)

w35t

[H]ard|Gawd
What’s the deal with the boss mode do we know anything about that yet? Anyone play it?

polonyc2

Fully [H]
What’s the deal with the boss mode do we know anything about that yet? Anyone play it?

what boss mode?...there's only a pvp arena mode...along with new hairstyles available

I'm looking forward to some epic expansion news tonight at the Game Awards...the Game Awards should conclude every year with a big From Software reveal :D

polonyc2

Fully [H]
surprisingly no Elden Ring expansion/DLC news at the Game Awards...but during his GOTY acceptance speech Miyazaki did say that there are more things he wants to do with Elden Ring, so that's pretty much a soft confirmation that an expansion is coming

God of War: Ragnarok won a lot of awards but Elden Ring took home arguably the night's 2 biggest awards- Best Direction and Game of the Year

w35t

[H]ard|Gawd
what boss mode?...there's only a pvp arena mode...along with new hairstyles available

I'm looking forward to some epic expansion news tonight at the Game Awards...the Game Awards should conclude every year with a big From Software reveal :D
Thought I read something about it. Oh well, may try the pvp arena once or twice to give it a whirl but I'm certain it won't be my thing. Definitely looking forward to any all updates and dlc though =D

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Thought I read something about it. Oh well, may try the pvp arena once or twice to give it a whirl but I'm certain it won't be my thing. Definitely looking forward to any all updates and dlc though =D

the Colosseum update adds three Colosseums, and three new PvP modes...the Royal Capital Colosseum grants access to the Duel mode, a simple one versus one mode where players can fight against another without distraction...each match comprises a single round and can last up until 180 seconds

the other two Colosseums are located in Limgrave and Caelid and offer two other PvP modes called United Combat and Combat Ordeal...in the first, players are divided into two teams, and the team with the highest kill count wins...the second mode works like the first, only that it's every Tarnished for itself...by participating in these two PvP modes from the Caelid Colosseum, it is possible to play a variation that allows Tarnished to use Spirit Ashes for an even more intense combat experience

polonyc2

Fully [H]
A single piece of Elden Ring DLC could steamroll most of 2023's big games

Has the most-played, bestselling game of any given year in PC gaming history actually been an expansion for an existing game?...because that could conceivably happen in 2023...there's really just one game standing in Elden Ring's way: Starfield (and maybe Diablo 4)

Elden Ring was the biggest game of 2022—but how big is it in the grand scale?...it's not GTA or Minecraft big...yet Dark Souls, the series that people haven't been able to shut up about for the past decade, has sold 33 million copies combined; Elden Ring sold 17 million in just months

Any other videogame of its scale released in 2022 would've been desperate to hold onto all that player attention with a drip feed of new quests and microtransactions...Assassin's Creed Valhalla, for example, had six "seasons" of DLC after release, with everything from new haircuts to new weapons to new regions and questlines...but outside of a few balance patches, Elden Ring has been a black box for nine months, from February 26 to December 6—the surprise announcement of new arenas being added for PvP play...

https://www.pcgamer.com/a-single-piece-of-elden-ring-dlc-could-streamroll-most-of-2023s-big-games/

polonyc2

Fully [H]
IGN’s Best Game of 2022

a monumental achievement in video games...a master class in open world game design...a global, cultural phenomenon...

djoye

2[H]4U
Picked this up on sale and have 80 minutes on it. Been a while since I played on of these games and just started worrying about losing progress after dying. How do I get to the Hunter's Dream to spend my Blood Echoes? Also, performance seems perfectly smooth at 1440p; i7-9700K+RTX3090.

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Picked this up on sale and have 80 minutes on it. Been a while since I played on of these games and just started worrying about losing progress after dying. How do I get to the Hunter's Dream to spend my Blood Echoes? Also, performance seems perfectly smooth at 1440p; i7-9700K+RTX3090.

rest at any Site of Grace/Bonfire and you can use your runes to level up

Gulkor

[H]ard|Gawd
I picked this game up on sale on steam, I am using xbox controller its easier for me use after my wreck, havent been able play games like i use too.

I have been on google,reddit,youtube. I have tried everything and my controller works but its shows keyboard controls and not controller controls. I can use controller the controls are in K+M

Could anyone help me? otherwise i wasted $41

chameleoneel

Supreme [H]ardness
I picked this game up on sale on steam, I am using xbox controller its easier for me use after my wreck, havent been able play games like i use too.

I have been on google,reddit,youtube. I have tried everything and my controller works but its shows keyboard controls and not controller controls. I can use controller the controls are in K+M

Could anyone help me? otherwise i wasted $41
In Elden Rings' options:

Go to System · Go to the Sound and Display tab · Set “Device for On-Screen Prompts

chameleoneel

Supreme [H]ardness
It is weird the game doesn’t respond to the input and act accordingly though.
Yeah well, you also have to right click to reveal a hidden menu, to be able to go "back" in the menus, with a mouse and keyboard....

djoye

2[H]4U
I'm 78 hours in and still have a ways to go because I want to purge at least all of the story-related bosses. I really hate games that are artificially difficult, the kind that are either difficult for the sake of being difficult (cheap) or are difficult because of poorly-designed mechanics... every time I play one of these From Software games, I don't understand why people say they're difficult because the mechanics actually seem very good; 99% of my deaths are my fault. Sure, there's not a quest marker or a quest journal, you have to actually remember things or take notes, or consult guides (remember doing that ~25 years ago?) to get around, you can't quick save, and you need to exhibit some patience when it comes to attacking bigger enemies, but I feel like I'm playing a less forgiving version of an Elder Scrolls game. I like exploring the map and discovering locations, but you can typically choose your fights or run away from enemies in the open areas. I think the difficulty of these games gets blown out of proportion because of the lack of amenities we get in most games and maybe because people lack patience.