Dual monitor setup question

mdude85

Limp Gawd
I'm not very experienced with dual monitor setup, so I'll try to be straightforward with my problem.

I have a monitor currently with DVI and VGA out. I would like to buy another DVI monitor to have a two-monitor setup. I just purchased a computer with a graphics card that has a DVI input, HDMI input, and S-video input, but only one of each.

What would be the best setup for connecting the monitors to the computer for a dual monitor setup? Should I connect one monitor to DVI and get a DVI-HDMI converter cable for the other monitor? Should I buy a DVI splitter cable? Any ideas? Thanks.

R

ring.of.steel

Get a hdmi-dvi converter, but the dvi and hdmi port may be on the same head.

digital_exhaust

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - May 2008
Can't you just run one display via DVI and the secondary VGA? That card, from what I have seen has DVA and VGA output.... maybe I'm misunderstanding what your asking.....

R

ring.of.steel

I have a monitor currently with DVI and VGA out. I would like to buy another DVI monitor to have a two-monitor setup. I just purchased a computer with a graphics card that has a DVI input, HDMI input, and S-video input, but only one of each.

The monitor has DVI and VGA in. The graphics card has DVI, HDMI and svideo out.

mdude85

Limp Gawd
Um, I wish I could, but I can't. I don't know it. Is it listed on the card itself?

mdude85

Limp Gawd
Digital exhaust, this particular card only has DVI-in, HDMI, and TV-out, but no VGA connector. Looking online at other versions of this card (like at Newegg) the card comes with VGA-out, but I think HP modified it slightly (I just bought HP m9000t media PC).

R

ring.of.steel

Digital exhaust, this particular card only has DVI-in, HDMI, and TV-out, but no VGA connector. Looking online at other versions of this card (like at Newegg) the card comes with VGA-out, but I think HP modified it slightly (I just bought HP m9000t media PC).

Right, just get a hdmi-dvi adapter and you will be all set.

mdude85

Limp Gawd
ASUS (1043), 10DE - 0422. It looks like getting an HDMI-DVI cable will work ok?