DNS issue every 10 minutes

bobsaget

Supreme [H]ardness
Hi, I'm having DNS issues on all of my devices (on my desktop, macbook, mobile, and even my Amazon Fire Stick) every 10 minutes or so. I've tried flushing DNS cache on all of the devices, resetting my cable modem and router, but nothing seems to be helping. This issue suddenly appeared a couple days ago when I set up my desktop (could this be some sort of IP issue?).

Simply refreshing for a 15-30 seconds seems to temporarily restore my ability to view web pages, but it seems to cut out every 10-15 minutes, and it's getting annoying.

Anyone know how I could fix this?

Chrome screenshot

Thanks for the help.

Sp33dFr33k

2[H]4U
If you click on the details button (on the screenshot) does it show anything helpful? Are you using your ISP's DNS servers or do you have something else configured either on the router or on the PCs?

klank

Killer of Killer NIC Threadz
Try setting up your DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 to see if the issue goes away.

I saw something like this some years back, turned out to be a bug, glitch. SVC Host was running randomly running multiple copies of itself. On your desktop do the standard Cntrl+alt+del, then task manager. Check Processes and watch the memory and CPU usage. If you see a sudden spike in usage when everything slows down, check the active programs list and resort the order from high to low, watch for which programs suddenly peak on memory/cpu usage? Mine was the host replica's yours could be something else.

Shockey

2[H]4U
dns benchmark to figure out what public DNS server are best for you. ;) reconfigure your DNS to what it recommend. if issue continues, then continue troubleshooting.