- Sep 26, 2001
Welcome to the Distributed Computing For Sale/Trade Forum
All General Forum Rules Are To Be Followed with the Addition of the Following Rules
All General Forum Rules Are To Be Followed with the Addition of the Following Rules
1. This Subforum is for [H]orde members only or those wishing to sell items to members of the [H]orde at reduced prices.
If you have something to sell that has nothing to do with the [H]orde or not offering a DC discount, take it to the regular FS/FT forum.
You must have at least 50,000 points to sell items in the DC FS/FT area.
You must post your Hardfolding badge in your initial post.
Failure to meet both of these requirments will result in the thread being deleted.
** If HardFolding is down, another F@H Badge may be used, such as EOC or another stat provider **
If you belong to another folding team and wish to sell here, please provide team information as well as a link to your stats. If this is missing, your thread will be deleted; no questions asked.
2. The SUBJECT of your thread should reflect the type of transaction FS (For Sale) or if it is a free giveaway.
3. No MISLEADING Titles.
4. No Price or "interest" CHECKS
5. CONSOLIDATE Threads. Do not post multiple threads, keep all your FS/FT deals in one thread.
6. No excessive BUMPING of your thread. Excessive bumping using Bump, TTT, ^^^, or other multiple wording to place your thread at the top is limited to 6 hours apart. Repeated bumping by another member within the 6 hour minimum will not be tolerated. Repeated long term bumping of a thread will not be allowed. Any abuse of the bumping rules is to be determined at the discretion of the moderators and administrators over and beyond the stated rules on a case by case basis.
7. You must post a PRICE unless the item is purely FT. (trading for cash still means FS)
8. No PIRATED software sales or trades. No sales/trades of ACADEMIC or NFR (Not for Resale) software. OEM software must be sold/traded with hardware or in accordance with the terms the OEM software TOS. The sale/trade of game 'characters', game accounts, Beta accounts or any other issues covered under NDA (non-disclosure agreement) is not allowed. Observe all COPYRIGHT LAWS, TOS's and NDA's when posting copyrighted material. Do not post FS/T deals that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).
9. Selling or Trading of CD-KEY(s) without the original disks is strictly prohibited.
10. No AUCTION style posts. Take it to eBay.
11. No multi-level marketing schemes. (PYRAMID Schemes)
12. No linkage to sales on EBAY or other auction boards.
12a. No linking to the main FS/FT forum here at [H]. If you have something to sell to the members of the [H]orde, make a new thread. This is not a place to advertise your FS/FT threads from the main forum.
13. No sales of COUPONS or any other freely distributed items such as DewU codes, Marlboro miles, Gmail, Dell discount codes, etc.
14. No PANHANDLING (Requests for money, paypal, or goods and services for free)
15. No trading MONEY for money. (Borrowing money with higher payback)
16. No LINKING to other sites except for image hosting. Do not steal bandwidth from others! Host your own images or use an image hosting site such as www.photobucket.com, dr3vil or a similiar hosting site.
17. No SHOUTING. In case you don't know..THIS IS SHOUTING. This applies to thread titles also.
18. No FLAMING or in-before-the-lock posts.
19. No THREAD CRAPPING. It is rude and will not be tolerated. If you have an issue with the price, contact the seller directly, do not post it in the thread.
20. No CONTEST threads
21. No ALCOHOL, tobacco, firearms, weapons of any kind or pornography (anything that can be classified "Adult Material") are to be sold here..... nothing that is governed by the Federal Government as interstate trade.
22. The buying, selling, trading or solicitation of SERVICES is prohibited.
23. Charging fees for PayPal is not allowed, nor is requesting a "gift" payment for goods (which gives the buyer no protection). Both violate PayPal's TOS.
24. No Dealers or Vendors allowed. Rule Exception: If you have a great deal to bring to [H]orde members, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your product and deal and it will be decided on a case by case basis. If it is a good deal for the forum members, it will be allowed. You must be legitimate.
25. In the instance that we are contacted about any member here being a "bad trader" or a "troll," we reserve the right to turn any and all IP and personal information we have on that member over to any law enforcement authorities and/or any other group or individuals we desire. If you do not agree with this rule, do not trade on our boards.
****The above rules are made for the protection of all. Failure to comply with the rules will result in suspension of your privileges to post in this forum, or forfeiture of your forum membership according to the severity of the infraction. The moderators and administrators of this board reserve the right to modify, edit, move or delete any part or all of a post or thread for any reason stated above. [H]ard|Forum also reserves the right to ban any user, at any time, and for any reason.****
If you have any problems or questions, feel free to address your inquiries to the listed forum Moderators or Administrators by PM.
Regarding Trading Tips and Dealing with Trolls
(Hopefully, the [H]orde doesn't really need this part.)
Quick Tips for Trading
1. Always use delivery confirmation, and always keep the proof that you shipped.
2. Always ask for a real name, home address, and telephone number. Verify it with a call or a search in the white pages.
3. If the seller is suspicious, please search for info about him or contact a mod. If deal sounds too good to be true, chances are that it is.
4. Don’t jump to conclusions, email the seller if you have problems, if you have their phone number, give them a call.
5. If you feel that you’ve been scammed, you can file complaints about internet fraud directly with the FBI at their Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFFC) http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp. You can also go to www.usps.com and file a complaint for postal fraud, and most state Attorney Generals have an online internet fraud complaint form.
1. No matter what, get a name, address and phone number and then confirm the information by:
1a. Phoning the telephone number and checking if it is actually them.
1b. Going to www.switchboard.com or a similar site and check out if the last name matches the address. If it does not match, find out why from the trader before selling (the telephone may be listed to another party in the house) Chances are if they won't provide a phone number, something is up.
2. Don't ship first without getting good references. You can get money back through different means if your money is taken, but your SOL if you ship before receiving payment.
3. Use a credit card with paypal when at all possible. You're only liable for 50$ in damages if someone rips you off.
4. If you cannot use a credit card, use a check since they are traceable and can prove your case if it comes down to contacting the police.
5. Don't accept a cell phone for the phone number. It's much easier to change or cancel than a home phone number.
6. Keep a record of all conversation with the person pertaining to the trade. It provides backup when having to deal with the police.
7. Be wary of anyone with a recent forum registration date. Post count means little, date of registration does.
8. If a deal seems too good to be true, chances are that it is......so be wary.
1. If you have a problem with a buyer or seller and believe them to be a Troll, do NOT post a thread or comment about said user unless you have PROOF that the person is indeed a troll. Posting a suspicion without proper backup only makes you look bad on the forum and the post will be deleted.
2. Claiming someone is a troll because they are selling something "too good to be true" or any other suspicious reason is not allowed.
3. When "outing" a troll you must provide PROOF that the troll did indeed rip you off. This means that you started a trade, either with money or merchandise and you did not receive the item promised. Hearsay or rumor are NOT grounds for crying troll on this forum.
4. In lots of cases items are sent out, but maybe not as quickly as hoped. Give the trade sufficient time to pan out before claiming someone is a troll. I suggest at least waiting 2-4 weeks before even thinking about claiming someone as a troll.
5. Believe it or not, things do happen that cause people delay in shipping on a promised date. This does not make them a troll. They should provide a satisfactory explanation for such activity, but it's not necessary as long as the trade is completed.
6. If you have a problem with the speed at which someone trades, leave them negative feedback on their preferred feedback site.
7. The key here is to remember that EVERYONE is innocent until proven guilty!!!
8. Remember and make use of these tips and no one will get hurt.
Regarding Troll Threads
We really do not want Troll threads on this forum unless there is adaquate proof that there has actually been an instance of trolling. What we have had in the past has been rumor and suspicion which only harms innocent dealers. If you have proof that you have been a victim of a scam, report it to the moderator of this forum. The facts will be checked out and if there has been an instance of a scam, an official warning thread will be created. The operative word here is proof. Present all of the needed trade parameters, contact information and logs of communication when contacting a moderator about a troll instance. If you followed the tips and warnings listed above, you should have no problems in providing the needed proof.
Refer to these list before you trade with anyone.
Last edited by a moderator: