CS:S beta

Elios

Supreme [H]ardness
so any else get to play it yet
btw it runs REAY well on my 9600XT @ 1024x768 set in high 2xaf ~60-100FPS
and its not bad as CS gos >.> now if thay would only fix the hole "i can look down the scope of the AWP, jump around with 5 health and still get a head shot thing" it would be perfict :D
and on top of that you should see the X800 is better then 6800 flame threads on the Stream boars LMAO >.> yea the X800TX PE is faster then the 6800U but know one can find a X800TX PE let alone aforde one and as from what i can tell 6800 and x800 are
equel in all games only resion im getting a 6800GT is for SM 3.0

^^

KoDt

Gawd
system specs in sig

i play it at 800x600 (thats waht i played 1.6 at as well even tho I could play it at 1280x1024 or wahtever but i like the feel of 800x600)

with all high settings and 2xAA

runs 45-60 fps sometimes drops to 30-35 if theres alot of people on the screen (like 8-10)

heyheyhey

Gawd
Elios said:
so any else get to play it yet
btw it runs REAY well on my 9600XT @ 1024x768 set in high 2xaf ~60-100FPS
and its not bad as CS gos >.> now if thay would only fix the hole "i can look down the scope of the AWP, jump around with 5 health and still get a head shot thing" it would be perfict :D
and on top of that you should see the X800 is better then 6800 flame threads on the Stream boars LMAO >.> yea the X800TX PE is faster then the 6800U but know one can find a X800TX PE let alone aforde one and as from what i can tell 6800 and x800 are
equel in all games only resion im getting a 6800GT is for SM 3.0

^^

Your post makes me feel like I have A.D.D.

E-virus

Weaksauce
Yeah the netcode is weak. I also think that there is something wrong with the a gameplay. With my system, I usually don't below 40 frames even in a battle, but the games feels too choppy no matter where I play. Something does not seem right. I used to play with 25 fps in regular CS before my upgrade and it felt smoother despite the low frames. I think that they have a lot of work to do.

Staples

Supreme [H]ardness
My brother tried it out for a few hours but he went bad to CZ since it runs slow on his computer. I updated his ATI drivers and it fixed a few graphical glitches but there are still many more.

BoWser

Limp Gawd
p3n said:
I think the netcode is a joke.

If you think its a joke because the jittering, try cl_smooth 0 in console. I saw it on the steam forums and it worked like a charm for me.

im not having any problems witht he system in my siggy

and they need to heavily nerf sniping, at least make the scope bob a LITTLE bit...cmon now

rapace

Limp Gawd
p3n said:
I think the netcode is a joke.

Seems pretty decent to me, ther server requirements are pretty low and I get good pings, despite the extra data that has to be transfered (IE physics all have to be done server-side)

gumplunger

Limp Gawd
rapace said:
Seems pretty decent to me, ther server requirements are pretty low and I get good pings, despite the extra data that has to be transfered (IE physics all have to be done server-side)
Gabe posted a couple weeks ago that even with the physics (dumbed down as they are in CS: S) the size of a packet per client was around 2.8k (whereas 1.6 was around 2.4k or so), so it's no wonder that the ping hasn't been an issue yet. I haven't had issues with the netcode either, so my hat's off to Valve on this one.

Clear

Gawd
retardedchicken said:
im not having any problems witht he system in my siggy

and they need to heavily nerf sniping, at least make the scope bob a LITTLE bit...cmon now

Doubt that will happen, the scope has never bobbed in CS, that's how the game has always been.

dawtips

Limp Gawd
Clear said:
Doubt that will happen, the scope has never bobbed in CS, that's how the game has always been.

The game was a lot faster before too, but that changed didnt it.

FunkeyPunk

Limp Gawd
dawtips said:
The game was a lot faster before too, but that changed didnt it.

The speed of the game feels the same to me...and its running nice and smooth on my system in sig at 1024x768 with all the eye candy turned on, and i love it, i havent experinced any net code problems or anything either...i think valve did a good job with this...considering this is a beta :D