Chair mat for carpeted floor?

TeeJayHoward

Limpness Supreme
Rolling chair. Thick carpet. Bad combo.

My only experience with chair mats was about 20 years ago when my mother had a relatively thin piece of plastic she unrolled and laid down under the desk. It's been decades. Surely there's better stuff out there. Can anyone recommend a good, large mat to shove under my chair so that I can roll without tipping?

ND40oz

[H]F Junkie
Replace the carpet with wood, tile or LVP. Your office shouldn't have carpet anyway, it's dirty and bad for your electronics.

Dan_D

Extremely [H]

Azrak

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought this (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005EGXMUA/) in Feb 2014 and it is finally starting to crack this year in some spots. Literally use it every day for work and play. I'll need to replace it in a year or two I think once the cracks start to get in the way of rolling around. Highly recommended. It lasted way longer than the cheaper mats I used to get from Staples.

IndyColtsFan

Limp Gawd

Valnar

2[H]4U
I buy the cheap $50 ones on Amazon that are made for carpet. They last a few years before cracking, then buy another.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016ZNTADS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It’s reinforced glass rated at 1000 lbs. I was replacing the plastic chair mats very couple of years and this thing has put an end to that. I’m in my office chair probably 12 hours per day so this was worth it for me.

Didn't know this animal existed. I may have to try that next. Although it made of glass wigs me out a bit. Cracks in polycarbonate seem less threatening.

IndyColtsFan

Limp Gawd
I buy the cheap $50 ones on Amazon that are made for carpet. They last a few years before cracking, then buy another.

Didn't know this animal existed. I may have to try that next. Although it made of glass wigs me out a bit. Cracks in polycarbonate seem less threatening.

I’ve dropped screwdrivers on it and it hasn’t even chipped. It weighs like 50 lbs.