Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 28 30.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stiletto

Supreme [H]ardness
This ain't gonna last long. The admins are going to say this belongs in GM. Just let it go.

musky

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2012
I am not following what this issue is. This is a distributed computing project by any definition of distributed computing that I have found. You may not like the goal, but that should not prevent discussions on the project or lead to people bashing it. I am getting tired of all the griping myself. The intolerant attitude of some people on the forum annoys me to no end. I vote that bitcoin does belong in this forum, like any other DC project discussion does.

Last edited:

Chihlidog

[H]ard|Gawd
Sooo...I need to pay the 5 bucks to join the [H] bitcoin discussion? I'll wait till my BTC go past 100USD.

wol-va-rine

2[H]4U
I am not following what this issue is. This is a distributed computing project by any definition of distributed computing that I have found. You may not like the goal, but that should not prevent discussions on the project or lead to people bashing it. I am getting tired of all the griping myself. The intolerant attitude of some people on the forum annoys me to no end. I vote that bitcoin does belong in this forum, like any other DC project discussion does.

the main problem is that some people feel that their opinions should be considered facts by others...

Term-X

2[H]4U
I see it two ways.

Folding/DC for scientific purposes, cures, etc. It's a good thing and can potentially help the world in a good way.

Bitcoin is a DC project simply by design, as it initially is required to generate BTC and further to provide security to the BTC system.

Now unfortunately, with Bitcoin, there is the profit aspect involved and some people take issue with that (in relation to this specific sub-forum). I do not think profit is necessarily a bad thing but I think those people are missing the bigger picture. While it may not be the majority at this time of the so called "BTC Rush", there is still a good portion of the Bitcoin community who want to see it prosper because it can, as folding for cures (re: potentially) provide an alternative to fiat currency.

I really think it's the best idea if that one has issue with one thing or the other, just to ignore it. I didn't really see the whole Bitcoin-enroaching issue until a select few actually started complaining about it - for the sake of complaining about it.

hiodie

Gawd
Both should be able to be discussed without anyone trolling saying F@H or BTC is superior/worthless. This forum as always shown to be helpful in the past and should remain that way regardless of the topic (as many know, people talk about many non-DC projects without being flamed). Don't judge or impose onto others and all will be good. And this is not pointed at anyone, so do not take offense to it.

Reality

[H]ard|Gawd
This wouldn't even be a debate if it weren't for posters like MEME coming in and trolling the shit out of the other thread. Fact.

Kardonxt

2[H]4U
I used to love the [H] folding community. All of the Intolerance has really really left a bad taste in my mouth. I know its just a handful of people but it's still very frustrating reading them bitch about nothing. I know its not a lot of ppd but it was annoying enough to move my folding over to EVGA.

Vediovus

Gawd
I don't think I can say it any better than how musky or hiodie said it. The namecalling, trolling, finerpointing, and other childish bullshit from both sides needs to stop. Agree to disagree, drop the issue, move on and get on with your lives. This subforum is known for being helpful and full of good information. I'd like to see it stay that way and not be full of one dc project bashing another or he said she said bullshit. We don't need to bring up what happened in locked threads. Let it go.

SatTech

2[H]4U
It takes at least two people to argue (unless you count multiple personalities).

While I don't like BTC, I really don't see a problem with it being here.

MrValentine

[H]ard|Gawd

Both should be able to be discussed without anyone trolling saying F@H or BTC is superior/worthless. This forum as always shown to be helpful in the past and should remain that way regardless of the topic (as many know, people talk about many non-DC projects without being flamed). Don't judge or impose onto others and all will be good. And this is not pointed at anyone, so do not take offense to it.

Agreed!! I'm not running BTC and dont plan to. But I find it intresting to keep up with.

R-Type

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2011
I used to love the [H] folding community. All of the Intolerance has really really left a bad taste in my mouth. I know its just a handful of people but it's still very frustrating reading them bitch about nothing. I know its not a lot of ppd but it was annoying enough to move my folding over to EVGA.

At this point I think most of us are just staying on our side of the fence, and agreeing to disagree. If folders are spamming the bitcoin specific threads (debate threads are another story) then that needs to stop.

Still, it seems a bit like you are taking your interactions with a few and applying that to a team with hundreds of active folders. Furthermore, its pretty crass to be advertising your switched allegiances in your signature on the forum for the team you left, what part of that is anything but troll behavior?:rolleyes:

Again, the bitcoin guys have by and large done a very good job keeping their topics into a single thread that I can easily ignore. Although I do personally feel its not in keeping with the spirit of our other DC projects, you are not infringing on my use of the board by being here so live and let live.:p

wol-va-rine

2[H]4U
At this point I think most of us are just staying on our side of the fence, and agreeing to disagree. If folders are spamming the bitcoin specific threads (debate threads are another story) then that needs to stop.

Still, it seems a bit like you are taking your interactions with a few and applying that to a team with hundreds of active folders. Furthermore, its pretty crass to be advertising your switched allegiances in your signature on the forum for the team you left, what part of that is anything but troll behavior?:rolleyes:

Again, the bitcoin guys have by and large done a very good job keeping their topics into a single thread that I can easily ignore. Although I do personally feel its not in keeping with the spirit of our other DC projects, you are not infringing on my use of the board by being here so live and let live.:p

that's exactly what I don't understand, I have zero posts in the folding threads because they don't concern me atm, I find that the EASIEST thing for me to do on these forums is to just simply ignore the threads that don't interest me, I would have no problem with a dedicated bitcoin subforum...

meh...

MacLeod

Supreme [H]ardness
Pretty much dont care. Didnt even know it existed until I started reading all the threads bitching about it. Pretty sure it doesnt affect me in anyway so whatever.

Kardonxt

2[H]4U
Furthermore, its pretty crass to be advertising your switched allegiances in your signature on the forum for the team you left, what part of that is anything but troll behavior?

Trolling, maybe a bit. I mostly just want those people to realize acting like a prick can drive help away.

I have no desire to fold for evga other than to make it harder for the folding trolls to take back the number 1 spot.

R-Type

Trolling, maybe a bit. I mostly just want those people to realize acting like a prick can drive help away.

I have no desire to fold for evga other than to make it harder for the bitcoin trolls to take back the number 1 spot.

You would deny the team and rub it in everyone's face just to spite 4 or 5 people? That's certainly not going to help the cause of getting everyone living happily together here...

cbarbour71

Weaksauce
It takes at least two people to argue (unless you count multiple personalities).

While I don't like BTC, I really don't see a problem with it being here.

This is a perfect response. If you like bitcoin, that's fine. If you don't, that's ok too. Everyone will have an opinion about any subject, and those opinions will cause conflict. It's how well we deal with that conflict (or don't deal with it, as it were) that defines us.

"It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Quote attributed to various individuals

Kardonxt

2[H]4U
You would deny the team and rub it in everyone's face just to spite 4 or 5 people? That's certainly not going to help the cause of getting everyone living happily together here...

Yes I would. The community should be upset with these people whos rude actions may have driven off only 1 folder or many more. I haven't bothered to look at old threads but i wonder if these are the same people who caused folders to leave with all of the chimp challenge drama.

I agree that having it in my sig is just asking for drama so I will change it

ssnova502

n00b
bitcoin should have it's own sub-thread. that way I can have everything in one spot to read!!

sethmo

2[H]4U
I think one official Bitcoin thread is enough. There's really not that much to talk about outside mining software and the market. Would be good though if the op of the Bitcoin thread would update the first post with good information when it arises.

W.Feather

[H]ard DCOTM x4
i'm in the frankly i don't give a shit side, its old and the bickering is just annoying now, along with trolls from both side, notably those advertising swapping teams, guess what, I personally don't give a shit who you fold for guys, or if you fold, this boar is for helping out with questions...not for bitching about what gets posted.....as per if BitCoin is DC, it is, suck it up, this is a DC sub forum and BC is a Distributed Computing project in all forms.

86 5.0L

Supreme [H]ardness
Agreed!! I'm not running BTC and dont plan to. But I find it intresting to keep up with.

pretty much this for me. I'll find it interesting how it handles a market crash, as its only a matter of time.

Yakk

Supreme [H]ardness
pretty much this for me. I'll find it interesting how it handles a market crash, as its only a matter of time.

It's had a couple good crashes already in just the last weeks, take your pick.

It's just that it recovered very well after. And if anybody else is like me, crashes are quite profitable.

Patonb

Gawd
I see it two ways.

Folding/DC for scientific purposes, cures, etc. It's a good thing and can potentially help the world in a good way.

Bitcoin is a DC project simply by design, as it initially is required to generate BTC and further to provide security to the BTC system.

Now unfortunately, with Bitcoin, there is the profit aspect involved and some people take issue with that (in relation to this specific sub-forum). I do not think profit is necessarily a bad thing but I think those people are missing the bigger picture. While it may not be the majority at this time of the so called "BTC Rush", there is still a good portion of the Bitcoin community who want to see it prosper because it can, as folding for cures (re: potentially) provide an alternative to fiat currency.

I really think it's the best idea if that one has issue with one thing or the other, just to ignore it. I didn't really see the whole Bitcoin-enroaching issue until a select few actually started complaining about it - for the sake of complaining about it.

Do you's realize, once a "cure" is found, all them doctors are going to get filthy rich off the procedure/treatment?

If you don't you need to get your head out of your ass.

I live every day with a cervical spinal cord injury, and know that I'm only getting fixed if the profits there. Yes theres a cause for a better humanity, but those treatment/procedures aren't free, ESPECIALY in the US.

So do a DC that makes you rich or a doctor rich, they're BOTH going to make money for someone.

Term-X

2[H]4U
Do you's realize, once a "cure" is found, all them doctors are going to get filthy rich off the procedure/treatment?

I live every day with a cervical spinal cord injury, and know that I'm only getting fixed if the profits there. Yes theres a cause for a better humanity, but those treatment/procedures aren't free, ESPECIALY in the US.

So do a DC that makes you rich or a doctor rich, they're BOTH going to make money for someone.

Listen, I'm not here to discuss what can happen as a result of success on either project; my head is not "in my ass", alright? I gave my opinion about the basic concepts of each project and why they are both relevant for this forum. And again, read my post and find the key word "potentially".

I am sorry about your health issue, I have a few of my own but I am strictly talking about both of them as DC projects, nothing else. Lest this thread get locked or thrown to the soap box forum.

R-Type

There is a distinct and very important difference between directly contributing to personal wealth and working on solutions which would by effect vitalize an area of industry. If this is truly your rationalization of the opposing viewpoints here then I don't think any amount of discussion will change your mind.

In a way I'm glad you posted this as though I'm sure your extremist views don't match the majority of the bitcoin group, if I were to assume the whole team thought as you do then it would be quite an unfavorable characterization. Hopefully those claiming the folding team is haughty and elitist will appreciate the irony...

Last edited:

Patriot

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - March 2011/June 2013/De

Huh... I see no evidence he ever folded for anyone other than evga...
Edit
it appears he folded with his gaming rig under another name for hard... enjoy getting mowed in a bit ;)
endEdit

just another troll ...

./ignoreOn

I don't think bitcoin will last... but I have no trouble selling off my 5870s to some guys who think it will ... there are a good bit of trolls to be found in btc threads...
but it also doesn't seem to take much if anything to set the btc guys off...

so just a random note... to get rid of trolls... stop leaving troll food around...
if yall want to hang in the dc forum... fine...

my 2c

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.