BF3 Multi-Player Amazing

cuemasterfl

Supreme [H]ardness
After playing BF Bad Company 2, I didn't think I'd see better graphics on any game for a long time. Wow...BF3 is absolutely stunning. I mean it! I'm running it at 1920 x 1080, Ultra, and it's smooth as butter. I was up until 4am playing and then had to get up at 6:30am for work, but being tired at work today was so worth it! So far, it's everything I was hoping it would be. I played on one laggy server, but there are tons of good ones out there. I suck at flying, but that's ok :) Sometimes though I hesitate when I see an enemy because I'm not 100% sure he's an enemy or not, and that hesitation gets me killed, so right now my stats aren't great, but who cares! I can't wait to go home tonight and play some more. BF3 rules!

WhiteZero

2[H]4U
Wait, did they vastly improve the game in this final version compared to the beta, or was it just you guys didn't play the beta?

Obviously I have yet to try this out yet, not until Friday

It's a big improvement. Also, the Beta was only really meant to test the netcode. A lot of the game features/balance were several months behind where DICE was in development.

roaf85

2[H]4U
Yeah well, I just finished a four hour rampage and came to see if anyone felt the same. Fucking my God this game is...is...something else. Don't think I'll be buying any new games for a long long long time. There is just way too much to do!

Even though I'm playing with everything on Low the game still looks great, I can only imagine you bastards with 590s/6990s and 4+GHz i7s are experiencing. It must be ORGASMIC. Extremely satisfied with what DICE has accomplished here!

You have a better computer than I do and I run the game and it is more than playable (minus the lag) at high with 16x AA at 1920x1080. The game adjusted graphics to those settings. I didn't touch it.

What the hell is wrong with you man!! Turn that shit up!!!

SilverSliver

[H]F Junkie
Game is butter at mostly ultra settings with the rig in the sig. Best FPS I have ever played. Period. BF3 is better than BF1942.

Morazl

[H]ard|Gawd
I played the open beta the day it was available, until closing day. Performance was acceptable, but not the best.

I play this on my 2011 iMac with a mixture of low/medium at 1920x1080. The iMac display downscales GREAT and even on 'low' and 'medium' settings, the game looks absolutely stunning. The sound as others have mentioned is incredible. I am gaming with my Sennheiser HD598's and it's soo chaotic.

Intel_Hydralisk

Supreme [H]ardness
Gah, The menu/hud isn't working in NV Surround. You guys talking like this are going to make me resort to a single monitor to get some game time in!

It's working for me in eyefinity... my brother's nv surround setup is working fine too.

syncore

Limp Gawd
FUCK, I'M HAVING WITHDRAWALS....have only played for 8 hours so far :( Won't be home to play for another 6 hours :( :(

JD03Cobra

Limp Gawd
As a long time BF2 player...I am so freakn happy! DICE has has exceeded my expectations...This game is fucking amazing. My new rig was worth every gdam penny.

macksomerville

[H]ard|Gawd
WOW... I am actually more pissed than anything... the game looks AWESOME but there are so many little nagging issues I have with the control setups, keyboard and mouse bindings and netcode I am beyond frustrated trying to play right now.

Rizen

[H]F Junkie
It's working for me in eyefinity... my brother's nv surround setup is working fine too.
If you have NVSurround on, but run the game at non-surround resolutions (e.g. desktop is at 5760x1200, playing game at 1920x1200) the menus don't display.

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
I was just about to post that. Holy shit this is awesome.

Performance could stand to be a little better but with the extra 570 I'm getting soon it shouldn't be an issue after that. :D

Only thing I'm hating so far is that people use RPGs instead of rifles half the time. I seem to recall BF1942 and maybe BF2 having rockets that only did major damage to vehicles unless you shoot someone directly with them. They shouldn't be like a 6-shot grenade launcher that does a ton of damage...

During the Beta, I was using an RPG most of the time.

syncore

Limp Gawd
bf3fun.jpg

anyone have any pics of you playing in eyefinity?

Ihaveworms

Ukfay Ancerkay
HUNNGGHH. I can't wait to get off work. I want to get home and play NAO!

XBLiNKX

[H]ard|Gawd
I wish I could play this game. I have it loaded and when i goto battlelog it says my name is taken and no other names work. This is driving me crazy.

eqtitan

[H]ard|Gawd
Running BF3 with single 2GB GTX460 with most if not all set to ultra, game looks amazing, and the audio is way to real at times. Played the Campaign mode, and I kept hearing a ting ting ting sound and finally realized it was shell casings hitting the MAV floor.

Might sell off my GTX460 tho for something a little newer....

EvoFreak

Limp Gawd
Reading ur experience makes me want to leave work and play. I will be picking a pc version on my way home later. My pc is crap but id like to see how it will perform. Im curious how shit my pc is gonna be with core2duo e8400 with 5770. I hope its better than console.

njenabnit

Limp Gawd
I'll be rocking my i5-750 @ 3.8 with a single 5770 just like I did during the beta. It looked great in the beta at 1920x1080. I am also pumped about the sound! I'm going headset + Do No Disturb mode.

Buxaroo

Gawd
I fucking hate you! :D

++ amen

Having said that, I just can't get over how well they did this game. The SP game looks like a movie, and that's not an over statement. How anyone can even attempt to play Modern Warfare 3 after this is beyond me lol. Even though I am sure the SP campaign in BF3 is short, nothing compares to the graphics and feeling of this game. Not even Metro 2033 looks this good, and that game was the BEST.

Valshistixol

[H]ard|Gawd
I really like the variety they put into the conquest maps. Seine Crossing is pretty intense.

ValeTudo

Limp Gawd
I'll be rocking my i5-750 @ 3.8 with a single 5770 just like I did during the beta. It looked great in the beta at 1920x1080. I am also pumped about the sound! I'm going headset + Do No Disturb mode.

I'm running with what I have in my sig, no OC and it's running fine. After 3 hours last night my only issues seemed to be server side not client side.

Once you find a good server or two, it's a much better experience. And unlike beta, there are fucking North American servers that I can actually find a space on from my west coast home!!!

Enjoy it guys!

Ughh.. you assholes are going to make me go get this before I wanted to. I wasn't thrilled with the beta so I put my preorder money to Skyrim instead and was going to wait and get this later when the price drops a bit and use this short break before skyrim to catch up on other games that aren't getting any love.

From my sig, how do you guys think it would run @ 1920x1200?

I ran the beta at ultra and avg'd around 50~ish fps outside in metro but steady 60 fps inside. I know ultra in retail is a lot higher so curious those of you that ran the beta in ultra if you're finding retail ultra to be too demanding. Maybe just kill off the super fancy AA?

Shantarr.Dalrae

[H]ard|Gawd
Ughh.. you assholes are going to make me go get this before I wanted to. I wasn't thrilled with the beta so I put my preorder money to Skyrim instead and was going to wait and get this later when the price drops a bit and use this short break before skyrim to catch up on other games that aren't getting any love.

I ran the beta at ultra and avg'd around 50~ish fps outside in metro but steady 60 fps inside. I know ultra in retail is a lot higher so curious those of you that ran the beta in ultra if you're finding retail ultra to be too demanding. Maybe just kill off the super fancy AA?

Run at auto settings (most high some ultra) and you will have an immersive and amazing experience.

6 hours in myself, no issues at all. Amazingly well done.

fochkoph

[H]ard|Gawd

I'll be honest, I'm probably not going to buy Skyrim because of this game. There is just way too much to do and it's way to fucking awesome. :p

-Tetsuo-

Limp Gawd
Game does a good job of dropping you in a Warzone. Sometimes there are so many wrecked vehicles smoking and burning that I can hardly see .

hi , evil here , just had the need for a few words myself :D , after seeing so many great opinions from some of you [H] members, i am very proud to say i logged on bf3 at exactly 12am, played for 5hours got ready for work and i m at work now with jack to nothin hours of sleep and yet i had a blast , it was worth every minute, i got two hours left out of my 8hour shift and i can't wait to get home and play some more , i am soooo glad i do not work tomorrow and thank god dice brought bf series back to its roots, for us the hardcore pc gamers :D "above and beyond the call indeed" hoorah.

Last edited:

DoubleTap

2[H]4U
I was pretty annoyed by the beta and some of the design decisions (squad controls) but I broke down and got it on Amazon last night.

Very impressive - I played a little TDM at lunch and did reasonably well.

I can run it on a single screen with everything maxed out (GTX480 SLI +2600k + 8GB) - it feels better if I turn off HBAO and set AA to 2X but I'll keep experimenting.

I got some DX errors when I tried to OC with Afterburner, but it might have been a coincidence.

I don't think my system is going to run this on 3 screens for a while so I am considering going to a 120hz 27" monitor. I'll wait and see what the next gen video cards look like....

Kryptorchid

Limp Gawd
Reading ur experience makes me want to leave work and play. I will be picking a pc version on my way home later. My pc is crap but id like to see how it will perform. Im curious how shit my pc is gonna be with core2duo e8400 with 5770. I hope its better than console.

Just to let you know, I was playing last night on my computer that is an E6600 and GTS450 (damn college budgets!!!). I personally set everything to the lowest settings, and it still looks, sounds, and most importantly, plays amazingly!

ekuest

Supreme [H]ardness
Just to let you know, I was playing last night on my computer that is an E6600 and GTS450 (damn college budgets!!!). I personally set everything to the lowest settings, and it still looks, sounds, and most importantly, plays amazingly!

then turn the settings up!

Dethred

2[H]4U
3 of the maps feel like MOH and COD combined. The map layouts are atrocious. The game has a lot of positive aspects but sweet jesus they really don't know how to make maps anymore. Its either a square layout or in a row.

RIP Conquest mode.