ATI AGP speed problem?

Desolate

Limp Gawd
error911-eric.JPG

Ok, my brother owns a 9600 pro Video Card. The only problem is the AGP speed is off. everytime we set it to on it asks to restart we restart and it backs back to off. We run the retest butten but it always goes back to off after restart... Any ideas on how to get it to stay on a AGP speed? In bios it says its on 8X but it really isent in windows....

[H]ard|Gawd
uninstall and install new cat drivers and also check your BIOS, you can change fast writes in the BIOS as well.

Burke Hamblin

2[H]4U
Desolate said:
Im going to try installing the omega drivers for the card.

That will do NOTHING to fix your problem.

Again...download the appropriate chipset drivers for your motherboard, and it will work properly.

lorcani

2[H]4U
Mine does the same thing. I haven't notice any issues with performance, maybe it's a non-issue? :confused:

Unit-0

Limp Gawd
Torquemada XP said:
That will do NOTHING to fix your problem.

Again...download the appropriate chipset drivers for your motherboard, and it will work properly.

It's almost like buying a car without an engine and expecting it to work right =P

Nazo

2[H]4U
If your board didn't come with drivers, you need to find the drivers for your chipset. Get out the manual and look around a little, they should tell you easily enough just which chipset it uses. Failing that, look it up on the manufacturer's website (asus.com.tw is more reliable than asus.com IMO.) If that STILL doesn't work, the only thing I know to do is take a look at the chips themselves (southbridge usually has a label, but, if it doesn't, you'd have to remove the heatsink from the northbridge and look there -- some southbridges just say the FSB or something like that.) First check to see if the manufacturer has drivers (ASUS usually does) and, failing that, go to the homepage of whoever makes the chipset (I'm guessing Intel?) One of those two locations will have drivers that work.

And the Omega drivers definitely won't solve the problem like they say, but, it can help gain more control over options like that AFTER you have the correct chipset drivers installed.