ARK: Survival Evolved

TaintedSquirrel

[H]F Junkie
Can confirm the new DLC area runs about twice as fast as The Island for me.

I think it's due to lack of shrubbery, and dark interior environment. It's physically less intensive, doubt it's more optimized.

Yippee38

2[H]4U
I'm not buying. WC will never get any more money from me. They broke the game for me and a bunch of people with patch 265, and support is non-existent. Then there's the persistent bugs.... Even if someday they fix it (those of us with this problem haven't been able to play on any server since mid-October), I won't give them any more money.

schoenda

Gawd
Just had to float this thread up....I had left ARK for about a year because it glitched and I lost allot of time in a single player game, just kinda burned out on it...anyhooo I re-installed it for a peak just a few days ago and cooool, graphics even better and seems to have a working SLI profile. This game really is a gem.

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
Necroing this thread as well.

Back on Ark again for the some 6th time. Lol

Anyone still playing?

Currently enjoying a 3x PVE server for the past few weeks on the island.

Search in Alliedgaming for unofficial servers and stop by if anyone wants to play.

Probably my favorite survival game.

TaintedSquirrel

[H]F Junkie
The game is free on Steam, with all the bonus DLC it's over 300 GB.
However it seems all the DLC are bonus maps. Does anyone know if it's safe to simply disable all the DLC maps I don't plan to use, to reduce the game's size? I assume there's no other content provided to the game by those DLC, besides the maps, so I won't miss out on anything.

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
The game is free on Steam, with all the bonus DLC it's over 300 GB.
However it seems all the DLC are bonus maps. Does anyone know if it's safe to simply disable all the DLC maps I don't plan to use, to reduce the game's size? I assume there's no other content provided to the game by those DLC, besides the maps, so I won't miss out on anything.

Yes. It's safe.

You only need the one you're playing on.

If it's a cross map server, all the content(weapons, dinos, etc) brought from other maps by players will be downloaded for you already .

Yippee38

2[H]4U
If it's a cross map server, all the content(weapons, dinos, etc) brought from other maps by players will be downloaded for you already .
But keep in mind, that the game is freaking huge anyway. You may not save as much space as you expect.