Are bridge interfaces supposed to have different MAC addresses for each VLAN?

OpenSource Ghost

Limp Gawd
Are they? When I create a new network with its own VLAN number, a new bridge interface is created with desired subnet, but bridge MAC address stays the same (br0 MAC = br1 MAC = br33 MAC, etc). The same happens to created switch interfaces for each VLAN. Is that normal?

SamirD

Supreme [H]ardness
Depends on the hardware. What are you setting this up on?

OpenSource Ghost

Limp Gawd
UniFi Dream Machine (UDM). Only VLAN for WLAN gets its own bridge MAC. Other bridges (one per Ethernet port) get the same MAC. The same applies to switch interfaces that get created along with bridge interfaces for every new network added.

I wonder if this has something to do with VLAN tagging, but isn't that only needed for multiple VLAN's traversing a single Ethernet port? Such isn't the case here. Each Ethernet port uses its own profile that specifies VLAN ID (different for each por) and subnet network (also different for each port).

toast0

2[H]4U
I mean, does it matter? MAC is supposed to be globally unique, but it only really needs to be unique on a broadcast domain, and VLANs are their own broadcast domains.

Eulogy

2[H]4U
I mean, does it matter? MAC is supposed to be globally unique, but it only really needs to be unique on a broadcast domain, and VLANs are their own broadcast domains.
Don't'cha remember, this is the poster that goes absolutely ape over MACs on their network:
https://hardforum.com/threads/wifi-...c-networks-but-bad-for-home-security.2018686/

I don't have a UDM but, I don't know why you're creating bridges for every interface. I don't think that's... normal, at all. I also don't at all know why you think VLAN tagging has anything to do with it - are you trying to tag based on MAC address or something?

As I've said in at least one or two of your other threads, I suggest learning your networking basics thoroughly. The foru