AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D $299.99

NattyKathy

[H]ard|Gawd
Great price on a great gaming CPU. Zen4 and Raptor Lake have done nothing to make me regret mine.

Just throwing it out there, a 5800X3D doesn't have to replace a 5900/50X... In fact they can compliment each other well and AM4 mobos / used GPUs are cheap right now ;) Fill up your desk with boxes and have multi-core and gaming performance separately.

Tactlesss

Limp Gawd
Great price on a great gaming CPU. Zen4 and Raptor Lake have done nothing to make me regret mine.

Just throwing it out there, a 5800X3D doesn't have to replace a 5900/50X... In fact they can compliment each other well and AM4 mobos / used GPUs are cheap right now ;) Fill up your desk with boxes and have multi-core and gaming performance separately.
That's absurd. I'd much rather somebody rig up and sell me a sort of jukebox system to boot different CPU's on a single board. That way I can be more efficient and cover my desk with one giant box. Rather than multiple s my smaller ones.

Morphes

Supreme [H]ardness
Like wise with a tweaked 5900x, backwards move in most ways.
I switched over my 5900x for a 5800x3d last weekend, no regrets so far! I also just game/ office work on my desktop, not a lot of rendering or streaming from it.

wandplus

Limp Gawd
For those looking for cheap hardware, look at PC Partpicker right now for US and Canada for Ryzen 5600, 16GB Kingston Fury 3200MHz RAM and Radeon RX 6500 XT. It's all pretty cheap now.

Vengance_01

Supreme [H]ardness
I grabbed one last week and just dropped it in last night to replace my 5600x. Looking forward to putting it to work tonight.
Can you Let me know how you like the boost? I want to grab one before supply dries up... and replace my current non X 5600 chip

Jelly

[H]ard|Gawd
Can you Let me know how you like the boost? I want to grab one before supply dries up... and replace my current non X 5600 chip
I upgraded from a 5600x and set my curve optimizer to -30 with PBO2 Tuner. I can maintain 4.5ghz boost on all core @ 65-70c on real world loads. (The OCCT stress test ran at 52c for reference) I don't know how much is placebo but it feels a ton snappier. The cost right now to upgrade vs just buying this CPU to drop in an existing system is what pushed me to go ahead and purchase this. Best bang for buck right now imo.
I would imagine coming from a non X chip you'd feel the upgrade even more.
Best part: Idles at 5w with that -30 offset. Sips power when not in use haha

Vengance_01

Supreme [H]ardness
My 5600 can sustain max boost clocks+200 using PBO2 Tuner for the for almost everything minus OCCT. This can run between 4.5 and 4.6GHZ with peak temps of about 75 using a 240 AIO with fans at a pretty low curve. I will keep an eye on the 5800x3d price. It will pair very nicely with my 6700XT. 1440P and VRR Monitor so I don't need super high refresh rates. I want Stable and consistent performance with great 1% and .1% lows

klippel

Weaksauce
i just got a plain 5800x...it was a great price, but damn it lol. worth upgrading!?

Jelly

[H]ard|Gawd
i just got a plain 5800x...it was a great price, but damn it lol. worth upgrading!?

If you do things that require strong Single thread performance, yes. If not, Eh. I came from a 5600x and it was a huge perceived boost to the games I play that rely on single thread performance. Actual measured levels? No clue, didn't bother. I like the "seat of the pants" measurements.

KickAssCop

Supreme [H]ardness
Like wise with a tweaked 5900x, backwards move in most ways.
Not really. Made the same move. Anywhere from 1% to 20% improvement depending on games. Only issue for gaming was takes maybe 2-4 seconds longer to do shader caching.
Outside of gaming maybe.

Centauri

2[H]4U
Not really. Made the same move. Anywhere from 1% to 20% improvement depending on games. Only issue for gaming was takes maybe 2-4 seconds longer to do shader caching.
Outside of gaming maybe.

'Outside of gaming' is 'most ways'.

Morphes

Supreme [H]ardness
Any noticable differences?
Honestly no, I think deep cleaning, windows reinstall and changing from pcie 3 to pcie 4 nvme made a bigger difference. Like MAYBE slightly less stutters in some demanding situations but only slightly.