12700K and Air cooling (Besides for Dark Rock Pro 4) Avoiding AIO

terpsy

Gawd
I Really Really want to put together a 12700K build to replace my Ryzen1700 (I know, I can drop in a new Ryzen now), but I would prefer an Intel build.

I do not trust AIO cooling, I look at it as more than a single point of failure, and the possibility of leaks.

I have not been able to complete my trigger pull, as I am always circling around cooling.

Will the Scythe Fuma 2 keep the CPU cool, and allow me to stretch it or will Thermal throttling happen? How About ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO?

Would a Noctua U12A work? They list it on their compatibility, but Just turning on and Idling as opposed to workloads?

At times, I often re-encode MP3's, running 12-16 concurrent threads at full bore for ~ 90 minutes at most (while playing WoW)

Danke!
-terpsy

TheHig

Gawd
I run mine under the U12S with the stock case fans in a O11 Air Mini case the temps are absolutely fine. My ambient temps are always cool at 19-21c where the PC sits for some context.

I have been seeing mid 50s and 60s after gaming for hours. I can run some load tests if you want later tonight after work.

terpsy

Gawd
I run mine under the U12S with the stock case fans in a O11 Air Mini case the temps are absolutely fine. My ambient temps are always cool at 19-21c where the PC sits for some context.

I have been seeing mid 50s and 60s after gaming for hours. I can run some load tests if you want later tonight after work.
Is that with one or two fans on the HS?

I ordered ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO (supposed to handle 210watts), has anyone else used this with the 12700k?

TheHig

Gawd
Is that with one or two fans on the HS?
Just one. The U12A has the better fans and of course you get two but this was on the shelf at Microcenter at the time. I’m pretty sure Gamers Nexus reviewed the Freezer 34 and liked it.

Niner21

Limp Gawd
I have used both a Noctua NH-U12A and my current Z73 AIO on my 12700K. Similar temps with both of them, but I just like the look of the AIO myself.

terpsy

Gawd
Well, the Artic Freezer didn't show up (Thanks Amazon!)

I ordered the Noctua NH-U12A. It is SO difficult to make a decision on Air Cooling for the ADL it seems to me

Niner21

Limp Gawd

I ordered the Noctua NH-U12A. It is SO difficult to make a decision on Air Cooling for the ADL it seems to me
You made a good choice. The only difficulty I found was finding a LGA 1700 compatible cooler that shipped with the bracket instead of having to wait weeks to get one.

kirbyrj

Fully [H]

Probably a blessing in disguise. The AF only has 4 heatpipes and the Noctua has 7.

pavel

Limp Gawd

The Scythe Fuma 2 is a good cooler - if priced satisfactorily. In some countries (non-USA) - it's a bad price. What was the 'besides Dark Rock Pro4' supposed to mean?

terpsy

Gawd
I actually got the Noctua U12A delivered yesterday (Same Day).

I would be waiting until tomorrow still for the Scythe Fuma 2 Rev. B

I didn't like the Dark Pro 4 as it size over the RAM slots is restrictive. Not all Ram is short.