In its financial analysts briefing today, AMD shared its GPU roadmap along with some additional details on its upcoming RDNA 3 architecture.
- AMD says RDNA 3 is projected to provide more than a 50% uplift in performance per watt.
- It will use 5nm process technology (almost certainly TSMC N5 or N5P).
- It will also support "advanced multimedia capabilities," including AV1 encode/decode support.
- AMD said RDNA 3 includes DisplayPort 2.0 connectivity, which was already rumored.
- The architecture consists of a reworked compute unit (CU), the main building block for AMD's RDNA GPUs, and we've heard quite a few rumors about this.
- AMD also promises a next-generation Infinity Cache
- AMD says it will use advanced packaging technologies combined with a chiplet architecture.